Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy Field

Options
  • 13-09-2005 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭

I am a huge battleship nut, so when i spotted this mmo calling itself the defitinite online ww2 naval game i was tempted to check it out.

But judging from the pictures and the guide, it seems to be a very dull simplistic game. Was wondering if anyone has tried it and could they tell me if its any good. (it looks to be very similar to shattared galaxy)

http://www.navyfield.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i downloaded it during the night, ill give it a try this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Ive tried this now for a few hours. Mostly training missions but a few proper battles just to see what its like. Its all Fairly tough to learn, lots of acronyms like APHE, fine for WWII enthusiasts but will be lost to most. Seems a Lot of store is put on using manual aiming, I havent done that yet and the few times I tried I forgot how.

For me so far this game has involved a lot of thought selecting ship then fitting it out with weapons/armor/engines/crew. Then going to Sea and making a cack handed fool of meself on the real battles. I must say I did enjoy the battles even though I sank nothing and theres no great penalty in losing. But I see that I might progress from cack handed to hamfisted in a few days and mabye even captian a bigger boat soon.

The server options seem a bit weird I get to choose Vancouver or Seattle which are both on the West coast of North America only a short distance apart.

But it seemes to be free atm so what the hay.

Furzy

Advertisement