Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Fireworks.

Options
  • 13-09-2005 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone can help me out here,
    I plan on going up the north next week to Newry, so does anyone know of a shop in Newry where I can buy fireworks for Halloween?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

by law now.. you need a licence to have/use/purchase fireworks in the north.

NIO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dunno if jonesbourgh, or however spell it, still do em. Used to have a market, not sure what side of border was on but close till Newry. Think some of the guys in school said they got them there. Also cant remember what day it was, been a while like.

Was a bit like Nutts corner up near Belfast. If ya could find out when its on ya might find some about there, but I aint been in years so dont hold me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

by law now.. you need a licence to have/use/purchase fireworks in the north.

NIO
    What about the average family buying a couple of packets for their kids, surely you don’t need a llicense for that.???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

_Turismo4 wrote:
    What about the average family buying a couple of packets for their kids, surely you don’t need a llicense for that.???

The kids could be out using them as weapons on the PSNI :rolleyes:
    Dunno much about the liscence's , Dont bother much with the fireworks now.
    BTW , Derry be good for fancy dress :p

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

I heard fireworks are banned up North or something now?? Does anyone know if the places in Newry are open this year?? Was thinking of heading up and getting some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Did a few runs last year and the lad I bought most off said next year the bang will be gone out of most.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

jimmay wrote: »
    I heard fireworks are banned up North or something now?? Does anyone know if the places in Newry are open this year?? Was thinking of heading up and getting some.

Not sure about Newry, but saw a few places in Armagh and Tyrone selling fireworks close to the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

NECRO POST!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement