Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soooo slooooww

Options
  • 13-09-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, any ideas as to why www.dgi.ie appears to be getting slower and slower to load?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its under construction?

Ah, didn't know it was your own site. My bad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 naughtyadam

Have you installed any new software on the site? Have you been loading it heavier than previously? Is it getting a lot more traffic than it was?

Ask the lads in H365 to give it the three finger salute, see if there's any fat processes on it. Better yet, move to a *nix server.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Have you spoken to the host yet? Maybe check you're closing off all your recordsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Cheers lads, i will fire them off a mail. Regarding nix and windows, the nice lads at h365 sponsored the hosting so i am not going to complain :)
    Besides i think i asked for windows originally as i had it running with asp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I like the site, did you design the template yourself?

• Advertisement

No. Its only a holding design to make it all a bit more readable.
    New design is not due untill January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Have you installed any plugins?

Two with the new template yesterday however it has been geting slow before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is your hosting with H365? Are all their servers here?

If you're not with H365, are you with a hosting company in LA? The blackouts might be effecting it. Another site I frequent went down yesterday because of it, and they're now running really slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

It seems to ping just fine, so it looks like a server issue rather than a network one...Ask the boys nicely for a server restart...

• Advertisement

Strange. Server restarted and still the same. No big load on the server or database. Every other site on the server and even /forums/ are running fine.
    The site was slow before the new template was applied so its not like its big images downloading.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

It's not anything to do with Feedburner, is it?
    When i loaded up the page just now it appeared to be waiting for something from Feedburner.

Killian

I tried that and removed the Javascript that pulled the feeds from feedburner with no difference.

Al

Advertisement