Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sound System Install

Options
  • 13-09-2005 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

I recently bought bit of sound gear for the car: Sony fx7500 head unit, 6x9's and front components, amp and a pair of 12" woofers (which I may sell again, not sure..).
    Problem is, these were all picked up second hand and I have absolutely no idea how to install any of this. Does anyone know of anywhere/one that will do installs only, ie: you dont have to buy any equipment from them ?
    (I've a Parrot carkit I'd like installed while their at it)

Preferably by call out but if not, if anyone knows anywhere on the south side of Dublin, dont be shy...

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

To be honest theres very little too it. With regard the speakers, if your just replacing existing ones, its as simple as pulling off the spade connectors and putting the new one on. You'd be surprised how litle is involved aand as long as you dont go hacking wires theres veryu littl eyou can do wrong.

I bought a car a few months back and bought a new sony stereo (cdxf7750) a set of speakers for front and rear and a bluetooth car kit. It was my first attempt at anything in a car and it was easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh but running it with subs from an amp is more tricky

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

its surprsingly simple to do, can be daunting to do but i haev done a few and its not rocket science. give louie a call from www.besecure2000.com they are the only one i know that advertise a mobile service. A few others are HiWay Hi fi in Rathgar, & www.icetronix.com

Advertisement