Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MeteorSMS

Options
  • 13-09-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Hi, over the last week of summer (more like 1 day) I started to get hard at work with a program to automate the sending of SMS's over the meteor website.
    Personally i hate the meteor website, it always logs you out and the adress book on there is nothing to be proud of (reason why I know all my friends numbers at this stage!)

So I decided to fix this up and made a program that you run on your own PC, it automatically logs in, sends the text message with a click of a button, and it seems to work great.

Some of you console lovers might be familiar with a program called o2sms which does the same thing, but mine has a GUI.

You'll need the .net framework to run this, can be found at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

And you can download meteorsms from here, feel free to distribute it in its unmodified form
    http://www.donutsoft.net/meteorsms.zip

When you quit it saves your phone number & pincode in the registry so no need to bother with cookies.

Enjoy

Remember if you change your callplan on meteor from Anytime to Anytime plus you get 300 free webtexts a month instead of 30, and you dont loose your normal free texts but you have to do it in internet explorer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doesn't work for me, i'm afraid!

Getting this exception when i try to send anything!
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at MeteorSMS.Form1.SendMeteorSMS(String PhoneNumber, String Password, String DestinationNumber, String Message)
    at MeteorSMS.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Anyone else have this same problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Seems like a handy little program. Has anyone else tried this? How do I know my password will not be stolen?

This link does not work/exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

i have no interest in your pincodes, the reason it didnt work above (i think) is because your firewall is blocking outgoing connections.

You can also use ildasm and see that im not pointing the program to anywhere else other than meteor.

donutface wrote:
    i have no interest in your pincodes, the reason it didnt work above (i think) is because your firewall is blocking outgoing connections.

You can also use ildasm and see that im not pointing the program to anywhere else other than meteor.

Don't take it personally. It is called being smart when it comes to the internet. You should not install stuff you have no reason to trust. While I am very grateful to you for sharing I do not know you and therefore have no reason to trust you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

http://www.mackers.com/projects/o2sms

works fine with meteor.

dont worry im not taking it personally, if I wanted your pass there would be far better ways of acquring it without requiring any interaction on your part, but as this is a public forum I wont go into details.

o2sms is a great program, only issue is that its only console, and more hassle to use than what this would be, or else I would have stuck to using o2sms myself.

litirspam, if you have a copy of microsoft visual studio .net 2003, or a microsoft c# compiler, and you are interested in it, add me on msn donut <@at&gt; donutsoft.net and ill send you the source. You could then md5sum the binary you compile yourself to the binary that I released and see that they are the same :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

If you could send me the source that would be great. Not that I don't trust you!

I'm new to the whole programming scene and would just be interested to see how you did it.

my email is "shuggard at gmail dot com"

Thanks
    Steve

• Advertisement

im sure your not the only one interested so ill upload the source for everyone to see, and i hope it wont be abused.

http://www.donutsoft.net/meteorsms.rar
    remember its .rar not .zip, the .zip one only contains the binaries

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donutface..

Hope you don't mind but was playing around with your code and fixed it so that it works with an updated .NET framework (1.1).

I was getting the "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server." exception. Researched it after looking at your code and found this MSDN page with workaround.

Fixed up your code so it works now with the updated framework. Here's the updated source to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

can i use ur program from the command line?

heres the full idea to send free texts to all networks:
    get two meteor sims with free texts.
    hook one to ur computer with cable/ bluetooth.
    send it to the phone hooked to the computer with the number you actually want to send it to in the top line of the text.

ill then need a program that can take the text off the phone, read the top line so it knows who to send it on to and then access your program from the command line to send it for free.

any idea where i can get such a program? or how to make it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

can i use ur program from the command line?

heres the full idea to send free texts to all networks:
    get two meteor sims with free texts.
    hook one to ur computer with cable/ bluetooth.
    send it to the phone hooked to the computer with the number you actually want to send it to in the top line of the text.

ill then need a program that can take the text off the phone, read the top line so it knows who to send it on to and then access your program from the command line to send it for free.

any idea where i can get such a program? or how to make it?
    How will that work? The Meteor SIM will only send to other Meteor phones for free. You will be charged to Vofa/O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I think he means....text your computer and have it forward the texts online through the program above.

I think its an excellent idea, have idea how to implement it though unfortunately! How about you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I think he means....text your computer and have it forward the texts online through the program above.

I think its an excellent idea, have idea how to implement it though unfortunately! How about you guys?

that is what i meant. what i need is just a sort of automated version of the nokia pc suite to copy texts into a .txt file. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Using a combination of active perl a Nokia phone and that Logomanager vb control.

oh and some re-hacking of code should be a piece of piss to write

Youll will have to pay for tha Vb conrol and data cable

I dont know of any canned tools that will solve this problem for you but from what i see here the componants are there.

Advertisement