Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake disc/pad replacement: How much labour?

Options
  • 14-09-2005 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I just had all 4 brake discs and pads on all 4 wheels replaced on my car. They charged me for 3 hours of labour. That seems excessive to me. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

What car?. some are easier than other on the back.

I'd question why it was necessary to change the disks, not the time it took to do the job. 3 hrs for a complete overhaul on 4 wheels does not seem excessive.
    Did they bleed the brakes of old fluid while on the job?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

If they did a full overhaul it isn't excessive, then again, you aren't charged on the time it took, you're charged on the time it's supposed to take. For example I've seen a service supposed to take 2 and a half hours finished in 1 hour, yet when keyed into the computer it registers it as a 2 and a half hour job so charges accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

It sounds about right, maybe 30 minutes too much if done at absolutely flatout pace, but i dont want my brakes done in a hurry :D

Advertisement