Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation

Options
  • 14-09-2005 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else find this really boring? I did`nt find it to usefull to be honest. Plus I`m getting very little sleep these days (just look at the time I posted this) so I was`nt feeling very sociable.

They kept going on about subject choices even though we were all Finance students so therfore subject choices is`nt an issue.

I just can`t wait to get started properly now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Meh, no big deal. I remeber ducking out of my orientation early cos it was boring the living hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Me too! Boredom. A lot of annoying first years around today. There go my nights in the Roost...back to Brady's again until next summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

The roost is *Dead* during the summer, how can ya go there? I dont usually mind the first years...only time I hate the roost (and any other maynooth pub for that matter) is during rag week. Can barely breath then. But yeah, orientation is boring, but hey - surprise surprise- so are the lectures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

It was a bit dull but I think it was worth it to get to grips with everything and just find your feet. I did so much walking, a lot considering it's such a small campus. Next 2 weeks are going to be crazy though, between lectures, library tours and freshers fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 forest gump

hey i'm a first year and i take offence to dat. first of all this is our orientation week so why are you even here?! And secondly what did we do to you? we're good people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

You tell em! (b^_^)b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Smurfpiss wrote:
    The roost is *Dead* during the summer, how can ya go there?
    I think that's why she likes it....no students there. I like it during the summer too. Good crowd there lastnight but not too crowded....I'm sure it'll be a different story next Thursday.

Smurfpiss wrote:
    The roost is *Dead* during the summer, how can ya go there? I dont usually mind the first years...only time I hate the roost (and any other maynooth pub for that matter) is during rag week. Can barely breath then. But yeah, orientation is boring, but hey - surprise surprise- so are the lectures!

The Roost was surprisingly busy some of the nights during the summer. I was there a good few Thursday nights for the late bar and there always seemed to be a decent number of clientele knocking about. There was a sizeable amount in there last night. I'm sure the population in there will increase exponentially as soon as the college kicks back in. Happy days.

Maynooth does actually have non students too Smurfpiss. They're called locals apparently! :eek:

Why must you lie?? All the houses in Maynooth are nought but empty husks during the summer. People cease to exist. Science fact.

• Advertisement

What's your source???

ClareBear wrote:
    Maynooth does actually have non students too Smurfpiss. They're called locals apparently! :eek:

I am a local :D

but eh yeah the odd night like thursday and saturday it was busy, but other evenings it was depressingly empty while bradys consistantly kept a full house. Seems to me like roost are loosing their clients...never saw it that bad before.

Nimrod's Son : You are the son of a motherf*cker. 1.. 2. . 3.. 4...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Smurfpiss wrote:

i didn't know you knew him?

local eh? for years i always thought the natives were hostile but now some of best friends are locals! tis strange at times...

No, all locals are evil. Especially my ex (eeeeeeeeevil!!!) and Ixus (cause he's never on here anymore)

End of.

Smurfpiss wrote:

I shook all night and held her hand.....

ClareBear wrote:
    No, all locals are evil. Especially my ex (eeeeeeeeevil!!!) and Ixus (cause he's never on here anymore)

End of.

Im only evil cause its fun!
    ahhh all these little freshers about the place...all wide eyed and ignorant. bless them.

so nimrod i take you were at the pixies? they rocked like hell.

Smurfpiss wrote:
    so nimrod i take you were at the pixies? they rocked like hell.

Hell yeah, I was at 'em. Just a pity it was at poxy Lansdowne Road. Went to Leeds Carling Weekend to see 'em as well. That was kick-ass. I lost the use of my voice afterwards but it was completely worth it!

Advertisement