Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAU's in sub'd list

Options
  • 14-09-2005 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Anyone think it would be worth the effort to be able to see currently active users (just a count) in the sub'd forum list?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Emmm...

I don't see your point.

A count of currently active users overall on boards.ie? Or a count of currently active users per subscribed forum?

Even still I don't see why that would be useful, and unless you explain why it would be, I suspect it would be a flat no.

Even when/if you do explain your reasoning I still believe it will be more trouble than its worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Just a count of currently active users per thread on one's subscribed threads page.

In the wee hours I was of a mood for some back and forth and found myself going into each thread to see if there was any activity, the bulb lit and I posted the suggestion, but I've thought twice about it now and for a number of reasons no longer view it as a worthy candidate for action.

Thanks for replying anyway baz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

No bother. In fact I have done the same thing myself in terms of browsing for some activity, lately however, when I find myself doing that I just make myself go to bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

CAU shows you how many are reading. Often they won't be posting.

Hence, I don't think this justifies even a minor increase in processing overhead involved in producing the list (I have no idea what that processing overhead would be, I don't imagine it would be much, but still).

Advertisement