Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Daydream Experiences

• 14-09-2005 5:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This isn't a problem, or anything I'm worried about, and I'm not sure if I should even post it when people (usually) have genuine problems here, but I'm just interested in knowing if many people experience this. It sounds silly but I'll explain anyway!

Over the summer I've been getting into bad sleep routines, going to bed at about 6am and waking at about 2/3pm. During the day I'll often lie on my bed and kind of half doze off, a very light sleep. During this "sleep" I kind of dream about what I was thinking about as I lay down, so it's almost like a daydream.

Now the thing is these end with an actual physical reaction. Today for example, I "dreamt" that I was standing on a pillar, and as I jumped off and just hit the ground, my whole body jerked up and my heart started beating very fast. Other examples would be kicking something in these dreams, and my leg actually kicking at the same time! Or if in the dream I go to pick something up, my arm will jerk forward suddenly, waking me up.

Anybody else ever get this kinda thing?! I think it's strange, but kinda fun to be honest!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Happens to me sometimes when I'm really tired.

Punched the wall next to my bed once, that was a sore awakening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

Yeah I think it happens to everyone.
    Ever seen a dog dreaming and running at the same time ha.
    It's even worse if you have driven a long way and you go to bed and spend the whole night driving again! Or is that just me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I love those dreams. Just after you've dozed off and BLAMMO! It does happen when I'm very tired too. I'd try to get back into a decent sleep pattern though. Getting regular exercise (doesn't have to be anything overly strenuous) and eating meals at proper times will help this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Happens to me quite often if I sleep during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've been quite sick lately, and my dreams have been both horribly and fantastically warped....I woke bolt upright one night with my heart about to explode.

I've never had a nightmare, that I can remember, in my life. Now I see to have them every night? I know sickness effects your dreams, but I have been getting them very bad lately...

As for the dogs, my dogs actually growl, whine, kick their legs and all sorts of bizarre things in their sleep. So I guess us humans can be the same..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Chavster

Yeh same here. Mainly for me though it would be 'falling' dreams where i wake up with a jerk and seems like i actually was falling and landed in my bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah i actually get these sometimes

The body jerking i can relate to, i'm in a light sleep and then suddenly i just spring to life...i actually frighten myself sometimes :D

Advertisement