Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

search disabled

Options
  • 14-09-2005 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

why has the search function been disabled?

is this a temporary move?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

How am I to have fun without my "Stalk" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It will only be functional for the weekends until the server is fixed up. Reduces the workload on the current one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ya it's all to do fixing the hosting afaik.

There's been a couple of threads on it already:

Click 1

Click 2

Click 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

While anything that makes boards faster is good I do miss the soap opera I like to call "All My Posts".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

search.php == teh w1n! tbh

I miss it so, I especially want to find the thread were I roasted and ridiculed that longest yard bull****, but alas I will have to wait (until saturday if rabies is correct).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I must admit, the loss of the "all my posts" search has me confused and insecure lol ;)
    I have no earthly idea what I said to who and where!
    Does no-one have a server they could donate / steal from work?!?! lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Ah, I thought it was just me!! Was wondering why the search function had suddenly disappeared from the tool bar.

So, when can we expect to see it back.... not trying to rush the work load that is already upon ye great and powerful admins/technies???!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Go to google.

type..

search term site:boards.ie

eg... "amp test" site:boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

you only miss it when it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

Fix your search engine and then drag yourselfs by the ears into the 21st century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Dfitzer wrote:
    Fix your search engine and then drag yourselfs by the ears into the 21st century.

The saying "As sharp as a pile of wet leather" comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Dfitzer wrote:
    Learn to read threads before replying and then drag yourself by the ears into the 31st century BCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dfitzer wrote:
    Is that an offer to donate a server? Excellent, your generosity is much applauded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

isn't there a consistently banned user with fitz in his name...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

seamus wrote:
    Is that an offer to donate a server? Excellent, your generosity is much applauded.

I have a proliant 1200 server at home and hard drive cabinet what they can have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

'ere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

remember on futurama when they replaced scotty with welshy? :D ... and then killed him repeately

Advertisement