Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies @ Dundrum

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Either you own the place or you work there, or possibly you just want to go against the crowd..I dunno.
    Of course they're going to get everything right when there's media attention drawn to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

i wonder if cassman69 is related to cassman50.....!!!

I didn't even notice that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cassman50

So let me get this right,you think the way it works is that the place is only ship shape because the premiere was playing.Hahahahah now you really are showing how dumb you are.
    Do you not think the organisers spend time checking the place out and researching before they give the ok for something as big as a gala.

cassman50 wrote:
    So let me get this right,you think the way it works is that the place is only ship shape because the premiere was playing.Hahahahah now you really are showing how dumb you are.

Yes, I think it all went right simply because the premiere was on. If I(and I'm sure many will agree) had been picking somewhere for a premiere to be, given what state it was in on my visits to it, Dundrum would not have been the choice.
    Oh and AFAIK the cinema pay for the privilage of having the premiere there, and it certainly needed some good publicity.

Now, stop trying to piss people off and make like a banana and fúck off.

• Advertisement

Cinemas do NOT pay anything to hold a premiere they are approached by suppliers to show there films.Only cinemas worthy of this are chosen.
    Now why dont you grow a brain,make some assumptions that are based on fact and then go shove those thoughts up your ass.
    Seems only person getting pissed off or should I say on is you.
    Man it must hurt to be wrong this much.

So I am guessing nobody will be agreeing

cassman50 wrote:
    Cinemas do NOT pay anything to hold a premiere they are approached by suppliers to show there films.Only cinemas worthy of this are chosen.
    Now why dont you grow a brain,make some assumptions that are based on fact and then go shove those thoughts up your ass.
    Seems only person getting pissed off or should I say on is you.
    Man it must hurt to be wrong this much.

So I am guessing nobody will be agreeing

Oh you know this how?By working in a cinema perhaps?

EDIT: I'd like to see your facts on the issue.As far as I'm concerned you're just trolling.

so big deal if it got a premiere.

the savoy has seen many premieres and i've never regarded it as being anything near outstanding. it has a big screen and is in a good location that's all. (not that dundrum is a good location).

You do not need to work there to know this.

you want facts ring any cinema in the country.Call any supplier or ask anyone that has anything to do with cinema.
    Its ok dude don't cry being wrong is something that you will get used to.

cassman50 wrote:
    You do not need to work there to know this.
    Show me the facts so, where you got this information of yours.
    Until I see evidence, I'll presume you haven't a clue what you're talking about and are just trying to get a rise from someone(i.e trolling).

• Advertisement

nialldinho wrote:
    so big deal if it got a premiere.

the savoy has seen many premieres and i've never regarded it as being anything near outstanding. it has a big screen and is in a good location that's all. (not that dundrum is a good location).

Bottom line is this
    The place is kickin I wonder with all your comments about me working there and all your slags against the place if you or a few others may work for the opposition (and I use the word lightly)

this is turning into a bit of a bitchfest!

cassman: you're taking it all a bit too personally!

it's an alright cinema. by no means the best but not the worst either.

the website is still a load of pants though!

rb_ie wrote:
    Show me the facts so, where you got this information of yours.
    Until I see evidence, I'll presume you haven't a clue what you're talking about and are just trying to get a rise from someone(i.e trolling).

I dont need to show you facts I have already told ya where to get em do the work yourself.I have given you the info if ya don't believe it then get your lazy ass off the sofa and disprove em yourself.

nialldinho wrote:
    this is turning into a bit of a bitchfest!

cassman: you're taking it all a bit too personally!

it's an alright cinema. by no means the best but not the worst either.

the website is still a load of pants though!

I never said it was the best it just pisses me off when people make bull**** comments that are completaly wrong and bitch about something they obviously have no clue about.I have only stated the truth and yes the site is pants but that has no bearing on the cinema quality

Bye cassman50, cassman69 and whoever else you're registered as.

rb_ie wrote:
    Bye cassman50, cassman69 and whoever else you're registered as.

Run out of comments have we?????

Hurts to be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

hurts to be so desperate to have to pay cinema employees to defend the cinema on internet message boards..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

This is getting boring... Take it to the thunderdome lads

Blut wrote:
    hurts to be so desperate to have to pay cinema employees to defend the cinema on internet message boards..

How desperate you gotta be to join in and actually reply to this conversation you twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

So what is the cinema actually like??

I'm half debating of going to see Harry Potter there at the weekend (as opposed to Savoy, I'm anti-UGC). Is it nicer than Savoy, I hear seats are bigger etc? What's the big screen like? I doubt it'd be as big as Screen 1 in Savoy, but is it alright?

Did I read right that it's actually €9.30?!!!!!

• Advertisement

tinkerbell wrote:

I'm half debating of going to see Harry Potter there at the weekend (as opposed to Savoy, I'm anti-UGC). Is it nicer than Savoy, I hear seats are bigger etc? What's the big screen like? I doubt it'd be as big as Screen 1 in Savoy, but is it alright?

Did I read right that it's actually €9.30?!!!!!

If you read through the full thread, you'd know it's not the best. A lot of people say they wouldn't go back after visiting.
    UGC rocks!

Oh and re: the price in Dundrum, it can be expensive, but if you're a student you won't pay over €8(which is still expensive considering the UGC student price is something like €6.30)

rb_ie wrote:
    If you read through the full thread, you'd know it's not the best. A lot of people say they wouldn't go back after visiting.
    UGC rocks!

Oh and re: the price in Dundrum, it can be expensive, but if you're a student you won't pay over €8(which is still expensive considering the UGC student price is something like €6.30)

Funny its sounding like you may be the one working for a cinema.
    UGC anyone.Oh hang on maybe not as its not even called that anymore.
    Cineworld anyone.DUHHHHHH.As for a lot of people saying the wouldnt go back hmmmmmmmm lets do the maths,about 10 differant people posted here and about 40000 people go to Dundrum every week to watch a movie.

Like I said all it takes is a bit of knowledge.
    Looks like you don't even have the bit.

If you go before 1pm all movies are a fiver btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

cassman50 wrote:
    Cineworld anyone.DUHHHHHH.As for a lot of people saying the wouldnt go back hmmmmmmmm lets do the maths,about 10 differant people posted here and about 40000 people go to Dundrum every week to watch a movie.

Wow! Thanks for that little nugget of info, thats really going to swing the argument in your favour. By 'all movies' you mean Harry Potter, Zorro(Sat/Sun only), Nanny McPhee(Sat/Sun only), Wallace&Gromit(Sat/Sun only), Corpses Bride(Sat/Sun only) and Dreamer(Sat/Sun only).:rolleyes:
    Not a great selection in terms of both days they're on and the quality of movie showing.
    This is another area where UGC* beats Dundrum, with a wider choice of movies and times. Also at UGC* it's €4.50 before 1pm btw.

*Cineworld for all you pedantic pricks out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

cassman50 wrote:

All it takes is a bit of knowledge indeed.

Heres some knowledge, if you like a crappy picture often over lit by a nice very bright green exit sign and crappy sound, Dundrum is for you!!

On the other hand if you want good picture and fantastic sound... then UGC (Cineworld) is where to get it !!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tinkerbell wrote:

Not a bad cinema. Liffey Valley is better (with the free parking)

They do a nice deal with the resturant upstair, meal and a flick for €20.

The Cup holders in the seats were designed by a idiot, too shallow for some some drink bottles.

it's still crap. i had hoped my first experience was bad because it was only new but i was there again on friday night and nothing seems to have improved.

they have changed the website though. but it's still crap.

by the way, there's another thread about this place in the films forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

was a bit a let down tbh....if i had read this thread before hand maybe i wouldnt have felt so ripped off but ah well. unless ya pre credit crad book, queues are ridiculous, tickets grossly over prices, everything is all over the place, its the only cinema ive ever seen where people are constantly bumping into each other to get around, have to pay that price for a ticket and no free parking is pretty cheeky to. well on a plus side for the cinema...the only way is up

Advertisement