Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got it

Options
  • 14-09-2005 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

well gamers
    after a long time of saying no i wont buy it I have , Battlefield 2 that is,
    Runs ok on my system (P4 2.8G- 9800pro 128mb and 2Gig's of ram)
    Im a vet of BFV, 1942 & DC mods. I am going to be partaking in a BF2 lan this weekend so have ye any pointers that will help speed up my adaption to this new version. After playin for a few hours I have noticed things i dont like as in the old F1-F12 commands when asking for support were nicer and quicker that the Q and select ... and the flying well lets just say im a bit disappointed, not at how they fly or the weapons or any thing like that , I just got the feeling it was too easy to pick up , Im was not a great pilot in the other version but i could hold my own and flying seemed to be more of a skill which a time could be admired when flying on board with the best and just to be able to see what they could do.Any way thats enough of ,my complaining
    So if ye have any pointers we then please point , im going to die lots at the weekend but sure there is no point im me going out without fight

thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you think you are a good pilot, go up against me or [fragsync]kamih (hes one of the top ranked pilots in the game) or smallpileofgibs (those two are the ones who shoot me down the most but i can hold my own against them)

the flying part is fairly easy, anyone can do it. but can you be effective, help your team, avoid missiles, get someone on your tail and make him crash or lose him altogether?

tips.....
    fire automatic weapons on single fire for ranged shots...
    dont put mines/claymores/c4 in silly places, make sure your 3d map is on so you can see the pretty icons that mean certain death should you walk beside them...
    2 c4 to kill a heavy armored vee, 1 for light armor, 1 for an attack chopper, 2 for a blackhawk, 1 for a jet, 2 for support equipment.

keep an eye out for red barrels and white gas trailers, they are explodable.... dont take cover behind them and ifyour opponent does....well you know what to do.

when in the gunner seat of the attack choppers the tv guided missile is guided by moving the crosshair and clicking where you want it to turn to.... doesnt ALWAYS work.

when in the gunner seat of the F-15/SU-38 you need to be moving slow or at a steep attack angle to get a hit with the radar missiles.

if you are a tank driver, try to take hits on your turret or front plate.... track, underside and engine/rear hits do the most damage, most high damage hits to the underside will kill in 1 shot.

if you are laying a C4 trap for a tank.... it only takes 2 c4 to kill a tank if it runs right over them, but most tank drivers will see the satchels and avoid them... so one thing you can do is make a LARGE square of 4 C4 drivers will normally see 1, maybe 2 and think they are too far apart to kill it, once inside the square detonate. it requires a bit of practice to get the square theright size. another thing to do is put the C4 on walls in narrow access ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

As mentioned above alot of people say they can fly but cant really be any help...it other words try to hit a target and crash into it and so on! not really that easy!!!

If commander use a supply drop to fix your arti/UAV...was at a lan a while ago and was laughing when the other commander kept sending his engineers over to fix the arti!!!!

When using the anti air gun stations....lock onto traget....wait for them to fire there flares and then let rip!!! can be harder with planes but if you take some practise you should be able to take them down/.......especially if they are doing bombing runs on a flag....most pilots use the same route into and away from the target so you should get used to there run and when they fire flares.......

NEVER EVER base rape!!!!!

Watch out on your little map for the red circle to show up! this means you are in the way of your commanders arti.....leg it

DONT EVER PUNISH PLAYERS unless they killed you onpurpose

If flying a heli get a gunner and dont fly off alone, if flying the transport heli then pick up as many people as possible......dont just fly off and leave everyone stranded.....also if just 2 of you in transport heli....swap between the 2 gunner positions to make sure a target isnt sneaking up on you from the other side......

Join a squad when you hop onto a server

Always when you spot an enemy press Q then right click and choose what type of enemy

Any commander tips give me a shout because I usually am commander!!

Cant tink of anything else off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

just to restate this i said "Im was not a great pilot in the other version but i could hold my own"... i did not say as jaggeh stated "you think you are a good pilot"

as soon as I get BB connection in again ( again been no longer live in the city so i lost my BB connection) Im gona have to hunt u down ...lol , I havent even got my self up and running properly and im already declaring war ... very George Bush like of me ,

Thanks For the Advice so far keep it comming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Another.....there is nothing as deadly as a slow moving jeep/tank/anything that is sliding down a hill.....the smallest touch and your dead....same if someone is driving....stay out of there way....if they touch you your a goner!!!

If in a squad use the T key to call in arti/supplies into your area!!

use the little buggie to get quickly around the map!! they are fast but can be taken out pretty easy so dont drive in straight line!!! also dont use road if possible!!

If you drive into water as well....jump and leg it as quick as possible because they blow up very very fast

On servers dont run around like a headless chicken trying to cap every flag!! if you see a flag needs protecting while the rest of the team are making a bust for another flag then setup a good position and wait for enemy!! nothing as pleaseing as a transport chopper coming down to cap a flag and you blow it out of the sky getting 3-5 kills in one shot!!!

Dont stand around heli pad for 2-3 mins waiting for it to respawn.....just in jeep or something and help your mates......even as a gunner on a tank you can get alot of kills if driver is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get in a squad and stick with assault, you will soon figure out the good and bad parts of the game.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement