Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Results!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Victor wrote:
    Go on play with my insecurities. You lot weren't born when I left school. :p

ill think you'll find i was :D i was on my way to primary school when you did your junior cert :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Diarmsquid wrote:
    On the radio this morning, it said that there were something like 56,000 people getting the results and that 5 got straight A's.

I thought it was a very low figure.
    Two guys in my class got 11 A's but one sat 12 exams so technically he didn't get straight A's but still 2 in my school and two in yours...

Either a media mistake or a big coincedince(sp?)

It'll probably be in the newspapers in the morning.
    My friends cousins friends, who are twins both got straight As. They're from Waterford. So...I think there must be way more than 5 people who got straight As.

A girl in my school got 9As and 1B, and my principal made her cry by saying "If you'd put in a bit of extra work you could have gotten all As" in such a bitchy way! It was the best result in our school and she didn't even say congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

^ Christ ... it's teachers like that I absolutely hate. We had a terrible English teacher who used to tell us that we were stupid and that we were going to fail the Junior Cert (actually, her precise words were, "I hope you all fail!" but anyway). When the results came out, most did really well - no thanks to her - and when they told her delightedly, she just looked disgusted and walked away without saying anything.

A girl I know got 9 A's and 2 B's - the highest result this year in our school. There were a few close, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

There must have been more than 5 who got straight A's. A guy in my school got sraight A's and did eleven subjects. Religion was done in my school for the first time this year as JC subject and last year there was another guy who got straight A's. They also said last year that there was only a few who got straight A's in the country but I think that was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

All As in all higher level, though?

Heh, my principal stopped me in the corridor today and told me I need to go to Irish College because I got a B...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Well, I got:

4 A's: English, Maths, History and Geography
    and
    5 B's: Science, French, Irish, Business Studies, CSPE

I'm SO happy! :D I worked my ass off in that English exam so I was ecstatic when I got my A!! Also really pleased about the A in maths, I really wanted that too.

Science, I would have liked to have gotten an A in but considering the way the long physics question went I knew that wasn't going to happen, So I'm really happy with my B.

Well done everyone! Closure on the JC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amused-coconut

Me too! Got 11 A's - I'm ecstatic but I can't really believe it yet. If that's Liz then I'm the 'other person in the class' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Me too! Got 11 A's - I'm ecstatic but I can't really believe it yet. If that's Liz then I'm the 'other person in the class' :p
    I'm not Liz, but well done anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm the real Liz! But I'm a lowly third year so...

I think there must be something in the water in Waterford. My friend got 11 As last year and he's from Waterford.

Well done to all of ye :)

Victor: Ws Pi exactly three back in your day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I got 3As (History, Geography and Maths) Four bs and two Cs (English, Irish) Could have gotten an A in science, if it had been a different day, but ah well. Not that happy at all with mine, but I did no work so it's fair. I'll just have to give up fun for the leaving.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 **Emo!!**

Ye've all got it wrong, it was 5 people in the country that got 12 A's. Loadsa people got 11 (well not loads...)no one in my school got 11 A's but the other (slightly more posh and snobby) school nearby had 3 people who got 11 A's. What do you think about people getting grinds at junior cert level in about 5 subjects just to get A's?(people would have gotten C's or B's otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Well Emo,

I'm my opinion, I believe that ppl should get grinds in subjects they are having trouble with, the majority of students I know get grinds so they can pass!!!

I am a music student teacher and give grinds, I can honestly say I haven't had 1 student come 2 me lookin for grinds in order 2 get an A. It's only the ppl who need help in a particular area of the subject and a thorough revision who do the grinds.

Congrats to everyone with their results, well done. Everyone should be so proud of themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

lol... we must all be smart in waterford... two guys in my school last year wer two of only 5 in ireland who got all a's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

12 A's or 11 A's coz 1 person in my school got all 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

3 people in my school got all (11) A's, me with 10 and 1 got 9, not half bad IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Yep 2 people in our school got 11As (inc. me), one got 10As, one got 9As and two more got 8As

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wow, I think I was the highest in my school with 8As... great school I go to, evidently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

**Emo!!** wrote:
    Ye've all got it wrong, it was 5 people in the country that got 12 A's.

Only 1 person got 12A's. I think 5 people in Ireland got 11A's doing all honours. 3 of which were in my school(If ye're confused, I go to the same school as J Campion).

erm someone in my school got all 11'as doing honors and it dont add up to 5 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

A lot of schools don't do 12 subjects though, so the number of 12 straight As is going to be fairly low. I know we only do 10 in my school. Everyone was really pleased with my 9, but my PE teacher was like "Don't let it go to your head" with this serious look.....but that's probably 'cos I'm not exactly Ms. Enthusiastic in PE XD

• Advertisement

lol same here pe sucks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

andyman wrote:
    Only 1 person got 12A's. I think 5 people in Ireland got 11A's doing all honours. 3 of which were in my school(If ye're confused, I go to the same school as J Campion).
    Wrong.

(on the basis that 3 (in your school) + 2 (in mine) + 1 (in Jakkass') > 5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

um.....i got 8 a's and 2 b's (damn maths and home ec!) all HL.....and that was the highest in my school.....YAY!!(its not a great school ;) )i actually thought i deserved an A in home ec (but then again,i got an A in business and i think i only deserved a C...i dont think i deserved my A's in English or History either...)but ANYWAY........even if some1 IS disappointed,at the end of the day the JC isnt worth ****!!! (no offence to anyone with 12 or 11 A's!!!!) :D:D:D

Advertisement