Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 **Emo!!**

Ye've all got it wrong, it was 5 people in the country that got 12 A's. Loadsa people got 11 (well not loads...)no one in my school got 11 A's but the other (slightly more posh and snobby) school nearby had 3 people who got 11 A's. What do you think about people getting grinds at junior cert level in about 5 subjects just to get A's?(people would have gotten C's or B's otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Well Emo,

I'm my opinion, I believe that ppl should get grinds in subjects they are having trouble with, the majority of students I know get grinds so they can pass!!!

I am a music student teacher and give grinds, I can honestly say I haven't had 1 student come 2 me lookin for grinds in order 2 get an A. It's only the ppl who need help in a particular area of the subject and a thorough revision who do the grinds.

Congrats to everyone with their results, well done. Everyone should be so proud of themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

lol... we must all be smart in waterford... two guys in my school last year wer two of only 5 in ireland who got all a's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

12 A's or 11 A's coz 1 person in my school got all 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

3 people in my school got all (11) A's, me with 10 and 1 got 9, not half bad IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Yep 2 people in our school got 11As (inc. me), one got 10As, one got 9As and two more got 8As

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wow, I think I was the highest in my school with 8As... great school I go to, evidently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

**Emo!!** wrote:
    Ye've all got it wrong, it was 5 people in the country that got 12 A's.

Only 1 person got 12A's. I think 5 people in Ireland got 11A's doing all honours. 3 of which were in my school(If ye're confused, I go to the same school as J Campion).

erm someone in my school got all 11'as doing honors and it dont add up to 5 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

A lot of schools don't do 12 subjects though, so the number of 12 straight As is going to be fairly low. I know we only do 10 in my school. Everyone was really pleased with my 9, but my PE teacher was like "Don't let it go to your head" with this serious look.....but that's probably 'cos I'm not exactly Ms. Enthusiastic in PE XD

• Advertisement

lol same here pe sucks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

andyman wrote:
    Only 1 person got 12A's. I think 5 people in Ireland got 11A's doing all honours. 3 of which were in my school(If ye're confused, I go to the same school as J Campion).
    Wrong.

(on the basis that 3 (in your school) + 2 (in mine) + 1 (in Jakkass') > 5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

um.....i got 8 a's and 2 b's (damn maths and home ec!) all HL.....and that was the highest in my school.....YAY!!(its not a great school ;) )i actually thought i deserved an A in home ec (but then again,i got an A in business and i think i only deserved a C...i dont think i deserved my A's in English or History either...)but ANYWAY........even if some1 IS disappointed,at the end of the day the JC isnt worth ****!!! (no offence to anyone with 12 or 11 A's!!!!) :D:D:D

Advertisement