Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxing A Car

• 14-09-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi

Boughy a 03 car few weeks ago,yesterday my vehicle licensing cert arrived in the post .

What form do i need to fill in now to tax the car

i have checked some govt websites etc but a bit unclear

It also says i should send off a form declaring my trade in is no longer mine
    does the garage i traded the car into not look after that for me ?

any help would be appreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The form you need is available from the nearest cop shop.

Did you give the VLC of your trade-in to the garage? Normally there's a section of that you sent back to the registration office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bk4rhl

andrew1977 wrote:
    What form do i need to fill in now to tax the car

From http://www.oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/motor_tax_rates.html?search=motor+tax#id3149318
    Two forms are available for the purpose of renewing motor tax - Motor Tax Renewal Form RF 100A and Motor Tax Renewal Form RF 100B. The only difference between these two forms is the RF 100B is a computer-printed form that is automatically posted to you about a month before your tax is due to expire, while the RF 100A is available from your local Motor Taxation Office.

Also, if you google for RF100A you will probably find the same form that you can print out instead of going to the Tax Office/Garda station to pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

hi

i gave the garage the vehicle cert when i traded in.i presume they will send it off for me, but then again once the garage has my money in their account,their helpfulness tends to decline pretty quickly .

will have a search for the form online

thanks for the tips !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

andrew1977 wrote:
    hi

i gave the garage the vehicle cert when i traded in.i presume they will send it off for me, but then again once the garage has my money in their account,their helpfulness tends to decline pretty quickly .

thanks for the tips !!

Here's the RF100A Form along with the instructions on how to fill it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

andrew1977 wrote:
    hi

thanks for the tips !!
    You hope.

I would not give anyone the cert. Unless you post it yourself you have no gaurantee it will be done. Loads of parking tickets and speeding tickets ahoy! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement