Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Hair Styles turn you on on a guy or girl?

• 14-09-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

I had a look down the line and I couldn't find any other threads on it so I'm askin the question and this goes for guys and girls so both can say what they like on the other or the same if that's your preference but anyway.

I used to not think it even mattered a damn and I'd just leave my hair alone and not do anything with it but seeing my friend doing it for so long every day eventually I tried something simple out and I instantly got results and even the other way I like if a girl has nice hair as it can add a lot to her appearance so I've come to realise it's an important factor of one's appearance.

So the Question is: What kinda hairstyle do you like on a guy or girl?

For example I like Long and straight hair on a girl which yeh is pretty generic but if it's not broken don't fix it ye know :) It's always a winner. Blonde or brunette are both fine. I like if it's long, say down to the shoulders or more really dark as in black but I'm quite partial to blonde too :)

But I'm curious what girls like on a guys head since guys can go long/short/spiked/curly/gelled/fringe spiked/flat/bedhead/messy/etc

There's tonnes so what do you girls quiver over :p You can include colour preference too if you like but only if it has bearing on the style you like most i.e: dark short messy with blonde tips or whatever since that's a pretty common one these days.

Yeh gwan.

Ry

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

longish and straight,you know the type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I agree with Tar.

Good taste that man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Messy for boys. Even if they're ugly, still the messy look makes them look better.

For girls....depends, some look lovely with a fringe, some look awful. Some look nice with short hair, some don't. Girls are different, I can't really say what's good as it depends on the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

Yeah I like the kind of crimped look on girls, and long an down,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Long on both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

normally dark hair short messy is nice ;) or kinda of long (not shoulder length) is also very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I like very short hair on guys... It just feels nice, for some reason :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

long on both. although, there's a lot of guys out there for which long hair doesnt suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i love a girl with long hair , with the fringe going back with the hair like combed back affect i think that looks really sexy BIG TIME cant fund a picture :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I know what you mean sarge but tbh I find that gross. When they've their fringe back stuck to their heads? It's mank imo.

On another note to the girls who like messy you've no idea how difficult that is to achieve :p it may look simple to have a structured chaos of sorts on your head but it's so difficult to get it "right" :)

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm not that fussy, but I hate really short hair on guys - I like to be able to run my hands through it a bit. Also it just looks way nicer, less skangery. Oh and I hate hair gel and stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nesf wrote:
    I agree with Tar.

Good taste that man ;)
    when it comes to music,people and hair i'm spot on.taste is just oozing from me...some find it a tad unsettling.

Ry wrote:
    I know what you mean sarge but tbh I find that gross. When they've their fringe back stuck to their heads? It's mank imo.

On another note to the girls who like messy you've no idea how difficult that is to achieve :p it may look simple to have a structured chaos of sorts on your head but it's so difficult to get it "right" :)

Ry

No i know the style your thinking of its like retro style i like that as well but its not the style thats makes me go...

I'll try and describe it and maybe someone could help and get a picture so i can confirm it .

long hair past shoulders , with the fringe going back as if it was brushed back and really straight jet black I LOVE THIS :)

enough from me

i have the style im talking about that i love on a girl

and its Here

let me know what you think now
    hfkdhklsdhklghl

Sarge wrote:

and its Here

hfkdhklsdhklghl

I'm letting my hair grow that length, but its a terribly slow process. It looks so nice. The perfect hair style on a guy, for me, is black shoulder length hair, or maybe a little shorter. It doesn't suit most guys to wear it any longer

Nightwish wrote:
    I'm letting my hair grow that length, but its a terribly slow process. It looks so nice. The perfect hair style on a guy, for me, is black shoulder length hair, or maybe a little shorter. It doesn't suit most guys to wear it any longer

Now your just teasing me all together , dont forget to comb back your fringe as well ........ ahhhhhhhhh

Sarge wrote:

and its Here

hfkdhklsdhklghl
    pretty good mmmm
    but then again any long straight hair gets that response from me,im quite easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

For a girl
    Big mop of curly (slightly unruly) curly locks to her shoulders. If she has a nice smile as well I'm sold!!
    Girls---- that short hair with a spiked fringe that is so common on guys is that still ok? I'v got it but would like to have a bit more style with sisters wedding coming up. Suggestions Please...

Sarge wrote:
    Now your just teasing me all together , dont forget to comb back your fringe as well ........ ahhhhhhhhh

I haven't had a fringe since I was 8. They look silly. I hate the style some girls have, the one with a completely horizontal fringe straight across their forehead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

As long as a girl doesn't have short or ginger hair, I'm happy.

By short, I mean cropped or shaved. I like a girls hair to hang down below her ears at least, and preferably past her shoulders.

The only girl with ginger hair I've ever liked the look of was a girl I met in Tupelo Mississippi earlier this year, but I may have been swayed by the accent and her strangely 'come hither' eyes...

A fringe is kinda sexy too I've always thought.

Kev.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote:
    I haven't had a fringe since I was 8. They look silly. I hate the style some girls have, the one with a completely horizontal fringe straight across their forehead.

agreed but this style has the fringe brushed bach to blend in with the hair . fecking love that its really sexy :)

i would much rather no fringe to be honest and most people i know do not disappoint.

As long as a girl doesn't have short or ginger hair, I'm happy.

:eek: my bf has ginger hair, its so sexy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Nightwish wrote:

I disagree.. I think older girls with that sort of fringe look hot!*

Kev.

*provided they're not complete mingers in the first place

ginger hair,sexy?that's unpossible.
    fringe,sexy?that's unpossible :)

Get the pictures up here for your hair styles guys so we can have a look i got mine up ,

and another note

irlirishkev you must think your gods gift calling people mingers etc , beauty is in the eye of the beholder

long straight hair,you can't picture it eh? :p
    think avril or amy lee or a hell of a lot of girls you see every day :)

long straight hair,you can't picture it eh? :p
    think avril or amy lee or a hell of a lot of girls you see every day :)

think cher , the oldie days :P

• Advertisement

talk about hot in that second one.

sarge i dont think i will ever think about cher, thanks though :p

my hair is tied up like that today ;)

ive never heard of amy lee before today but ill be doing a wee bit of googling when i come back from thye gym

tar
    sorry for even putting that image of cher in your head ;)

Nightwish wrote:
    my hair is tied up like that today ;)
    goddang,give fashion tips to my friendsi mean yowser !;)

sarge,singer in evanescence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ginger hair,sexy?that's unpossible.
    Not on girls. Nicole Kidman's a redhead (occasionally). Long ginger (or auburn or strawberry blonde) hair can be very attractive. On guys, not so acceptable.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

depends on whether you think nicole kidman is hot,i do not. :)
    anyway on some girls,rarely,ye tis nice :)

(but they should dye it anyways because if they can pull off ginger they would look so good with a different colour :p)

EDIT:"God is dead" - Nietzchse
    "Nietzchse is dead" - God

brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I hate the highlighly fashionable 80s revival haircut on woman. Where the have long and short bit and a big clump of colour hair. It looks like the pperson was trying to fight with the hairdresser while getting it done.

The boys equally have the stupid partially priked and gelled hair that looks like a gust of wind pushed their hair one way.

Both sorts are constantly requiring constant touching and fixing it. You can like your apperance but if it requires constant maintainence you are vain.

BTW
    Fringes are generally worn by older woman to hide the grey hairs at the front of thier hair (requires constant dying otherwise) . The next fashion item coming back in is the big hairbands again to cover grey hairs.

back from th gym and the googling has been done
    that amy lee is VERY hot and the music isnt half bad either ;)

Sarge wrote:
    back from th gym and the googling has been done
    that amy lee is VERY hot and the music isnt half bad either ;)

welcome to the world of Amy Lee's hotness :D

some1 mentioned the 80s revival in hair styles. I see that a lot in Dublin and its mostly hairdressers I see it on. Its so so so awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

NOBODY MENTIONED CURLY HAIR!! I have shoulder length goldish-brown very curly hair with kinda shorter layers in the front, which I push back and to the side. At the moment, it's tied up in a very messy ponytail and I have a blue ribbon in it (you all know the look. I'm so going to get dissed ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Love shaved.

Creative spiked is cool too, like manga style spiked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i like fellas with nice gelled (wet look) hair, it turns me on big time

Nightwish wrote:
    welcome to the world of Amy Lee's hotness :D

some1 mentioned the 80s revival in hair styles. I see that a lot in Dublin and its mostly hairdressers I see it on. Its so so so awful.

ah some of them i mean some of them look well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jesper wrote:
    For a girl
    Big mop of curly (slightly unruly) curly locks to her shoulders. If she has a nice smile as well I'm sold!!

That's me! I used to wear it straight all the time but the GHD was wrecking my hair and then EVERYONE had straight hair. Just dyed it a plumy colour but eh I don't really like it. :(

Larianne wrote:
    That's me! I used to wear it straight all the time but the GHD was wrecking my hair and then EVERYONE had straight hair. Just dyed it a plumy colour but eh I don't really like it. :(

pictures will decide you faith :) post them up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sarge wrote:
    pictures will decide you faith :) post them up :)

Ah don't have any and eh I wouldn't post them up. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ah your breaking me wee heart :D , must get the digi camera out some time take a picture of my new shaved head :o looks like im just going to have to wait for the beers to see this curly plum hair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Ry wrote:

If you're looking for schoolboy-style messy, its easy to achieve.

Wash hair with soap only, and don't brush too often. Simple, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Do any guys like short hair on girls at all?

Do any guys like short hair on girls at all?

yes and no only certain people can get away with short hair , depends on the persons face etc , but mostly i like long hair girls and the are the one's i find most attractive

• Advertisement
Advertisement