Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Hair Styles turn you on on a guy or girl?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

short hair only suits certain girls. I think the "ladette" look is just utterly repulsive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Do any guys like short hair on girls at all?

I'm sure there's a fraction that do, I personally don't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Nightwish wrote:
    short hair only suits certain girls. I think the "ladette" look is just utterly repulsive.

what is the ladette look ?

Sarge wrote:
    Ever see "Boys Don't Cry"?? :D

Sarge wrote:

this http://dynimg.rte.ie/00004359C8.jpg

Nightwish wrote:

ruth scott

now that is terrible , dont ever do that too me again , my fault for asking :)

Nightwish wrote:

I agree, totally repulsive.
    WHY would you do that?!Unless you're a person who really likes taking the piss out of themselves, i really can't understand how you'd reason getting a hair cut like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Thaed wrote:
    Long on both.

*sniffles*

Whats wrong with short hair on a girl, seriously? It can look quite feminine if done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Do any guys like short hair on girls at all?
    Depends on the girl. Hell Natalie Portman still looks hot and she shaved hers. There's a couple of popular short hair looks favoured by girls that look awful, but without knowing what you look like, it's completely irrelevant

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

azezil wrote:
    Creative spiked is cool too, like manga style spiked.

I try to aim for that manga look nowadays but finding something that holds really well and doesn't clump is difficult. I've tried lots of different products. Dax red is probably the strongest but it's a bitch to wash out. Everything that washes out easily isn't strong enough or clumps together. Brylcreem Strong wax is good too as is this clay stuff from loreal or someone like that. I've seen a new studio wax on sale that's supposedly water/sweat proof which sounds good. Haven't tried it yet though.

Any of you "manga heads" got any tips on when's best to apply product i.e:dry or damp also how you achieve your look without clumps etc. Also anyone know stuff that holds all day? It's preposterous that we have to do these things with our hair but It turns into fun after a while.
    If you're looking for schoolboy-style messy, its easy to achieve.

Wash hair with soap only, and don't brush too often. Simple, no?

Elaborate? :)

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Like a guy to have short hair but long enough so that I can run my fingers through it. Not into the whole spikey look thing and wouldn't like my fingers to get stuck in a glump of gel - yuck.

my hair is very like Avril Lavigne's as much as it is killing me to type this. Amy Lee's in the 6th and 7th link, is fantastic.

Nightwish wrote:
    my hair is very like Avril Lavigne's as much as it is killing me to type this. Amy Lee's in the 6th and 7th link, is fantastic.

i demand a picture after that statement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Since when did hair start turning people on :eek: .

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote:
    my hair is very like Avril Lavigne's as much as it is killing me to type this.

I'm glad it killed you to type it she's the biggest EMO rockchic sap there is.

Influence Points Gained=Nightwish! :)
    Since when did hair start turning people on :eek:

See that's what I used to think. Then I realised it's a big part of someone's appearance. Think about it. If you see a girl with short hair are you more or less attracted to her. Most guys would say less because the majority prefer long hair on girls so just on that alone it evidently makes a difference to people's attractiveness percentage.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

See that's what I used to think. Then I realised it's a big part of someone's appearance. Think about it. If you see a girl with short hair are you more or less attracted to her. Most guys would say less because the majority prefer long hair on girls so just on that alone it evidently makes a difference to people's attractiveness percentage.

Ry

True, you may be more attracted to them, but attracted and turned on are 2 different things ;) .
    I can say iv never been "turned on" by a girls hair.

Yeh but it was racy term for the thread Mr.Literal :)

But for some people it really does turn people on. Like Sarge there gettin all hot and bothered about the long hair with the fringe brushed back. So maybe you dont but some doo get turned on by hairstyles :p

Ry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ry wrote:
    what has that got to do with how nice her hair is though.

Nightwish wrote:
    my hair is very like Avril Lavigne's as much as it is killing me to type this.
    do you like your hair or has fury blinded you? :)

I just dont like avril lavigne very much :) so it was good to see she had similar opinion to me about it.
    Her hair is nice I'll give her that. It's nice and long so thumbs up.

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Since when did hair start turning people on :eek:

Never said where the hair was... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It doesn't really matter unless she's ugly .... and even then in most cases it can't make the difference.

Pigman II wrote:
    It doesn't really matter unless she's ugly .... and even then in most cases it can't make the difference.

I beg to differ :) if you have a hot girl with hot hair and she changes it somehow it can end up that you're just not as attracted to her as much as you may have been before. Also you can sometimes see girls whos face you're not attracted to but you might really like their hair.

Ry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hair matters to me but it's always personality that decides in for me.

hair matters to me but it's always personality that decides in for me.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more but attraction IS a necessity no matter how small of a factor to us it is it is always a factor of some proportion however small and in that comes appearance and hair is part of it :)

But I can't be with a girl if I can't talk to her and click with her on a personality level first and foremost.

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ooh no, and I just cut my hair, well, it's still (almost) to my shoulders, but something is telling me that I should have kept it long....

As for hair on a guy, I think it all depends on the guy, I've fancied shaved heads, long surfer-dude type hair, blondes, brunettes, red heads... and of course, as others before me have said, it is more down to the personality, I won't dismiss a guy just cause I don't like his hair!

Edit @ry's post

ah true but sometimes somebodies personality can make you 'realise' you are attracted to them where there was no attraction before.:)
    i wasnt attracted to this girl at all in the months of knowing her then one day,bam,think she is the hottest girl ever...good hair too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

If you're looking for schoolboy-style messy, its easy to achieve.

Wash hair with soap only, and don't brush too often. Simple, no?
    ya but how do yo get your hair to stay the way you set it and stil give it a dry, non-wet/sticky look?

Sarge wrote:
    i demand a picture after that statement :)
    theres a pic on photopost, i believe.

Ry wrote:

Influence Points Gained=Nightwish! :)
    Well if you've ever read any of my posts over the months you'd be aware that I HATE her with every fibre of my being. I get compared to her daily.

And yes Tar, I like my hair, when it isnt being unruly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

Nightwish wrote:
    theres a pic on photopost, i believe.

Well if you've ever read any of my posts over the months you'd be aware that I HATE her with every fibre of my being. I get compared to her daily.

Yeah,and you alway's make that point.

• Advertisement

Eve e wrote:
    Yeah,and you alway's make that point.

and I will continue to do so...

any back on topic, is there any preference for hair colour? I see that some people dont like red hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I know I don't like red hair. On girls, despite the fact I'm blonde, I think dark hair looks better. On guys... has to be dark too. I don't like fair hair on guys.

i really like black hair on both guys and girls. Especially, if its long. I intensely dislike dyed or bleached blonde hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

Nightwish wrote:
    and I will continue to do so...

r
    Fair enough :)

i love dark hair more than the rest,blonde too depending on the girl.
    rarely i would like red,my least fav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

For a girl I love natural coloured hair with no chemicals bleaching it up. I mostly go for girls with very long hair. Brunettes are my fave with redheads 2nd. I'm not mad about girls with black hair for some reason.

Blokes. I absolutely hate blokes with tight, neat short back and sides hair. I hate any male who has highlights in their hair.

I hate any male who has highlights in their hair.
    very few can pull it off. It ends up looking ridiculous most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Long straight hair on a chick is hot. Colour isn't that important but ye red isn't something I like much, maybe a light ginger is OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cuaifeadh

Mmm.. I do love a guy with long hair, espically if it's a bit *wooshy*. Good condition. Greasy locks does nothing for a girl. Unfortunatly I tend to get blinded by the hair. It's happened a couple of times that I guy I'd drooled over would go off and get a sensible hair cut and I realise... ::****:: He's gross. I've noticed that I also have a thing for gingers. Don't know why.. Even the short back and sides type. Don't understand it myself. And guys who buy me beer..but that's a different topic..

• Advertisement

cuaifeadh wrote:
    Mmm.. I do love a guy with long hair, espically if it's a bit *wooshy*. Good condition. Greasy locks does nothing for a girl. Unfortunatly I tend to get blinded by the hair. It's happened a couple of times that I guy I'd drooled over would go off and get a sensible hair cut and I realise... ::****:: He's gross. I've noticed that I also have a thing for gingers. Don't know why.. Even the short back and sides type. Don't understand it myself. And guys who buy me beer..but that's a different topic..

There's a prime example of hair really having a major affect on someone. :) It's quite common.

To Nightwish about your hate for avril: I know now at least. Not bad to be compared to her lookswise as she is an attractive girl so that I wouldn't be ashamed of. :p

Ry

Ry wrote:
    To Nightwish about your hate for avril: I know now at least. Not bad to be compared to her lookswise as she is an attractive girl so that I wouldn't be ashamed of. :p
    its going on for years and its very irritating.

Anyway, I never liked ginger hair at all til I fell head over heels in love with a ginger hair, so people, dont rule anything out :) Still find myself eyeing up guys with black hair....so sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It has to be long black curly hair for me, sechs on a head tbh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I love curls, and long hair but that ugly emo side fringe thing is terrible...what's that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nightwish wrote:
    Anyway, I never liked ginger hair at all til I fell head over heels in love with a ginger hair, so people, dont rule anything out :)

Was it attached to a head, or stuck in your plughole or stuck between your teeth or what? Personally I could never love a hair, a fingernail clipping possibly, but never a hair!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

How about shaved on a woman? I think if your petite, waifish and have a cute face then you can pull it off eg Natalie Portman, Sinead OConnor, Gail Porter.

• Advertisement

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Was it attached to a head, or stuck in your plughole or stuck between your teeth or what? Personally I could never love a hair, a fingernail clipping possibly, but never a hair!!!
    i dunno,she never thought she could either.we will just have to see how everything pans out.i'm eyeing one up on the girl beside me know,seems to have a good personality.oooh and it's dark,mmm. ;)

Blub2k4 wrote:
    lol oops typo!!!
    well I found the hair had attached itself to my jacket one day, and I was smitten :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kookie

What do u guys think of those fake clip on hair extensions cause I have a few of these n different styles n I wear them a lot. I think they r great cause most people can't tell that they r fake when u r wearing them. I tried to post some pics but its not working sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

nothing sexier than a shaved head on a fella :p

Advertisement