Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone seen Fahrenheit?

Options
  • 14-09-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Has anyone seen this game? It was supposed to be released on the 9th but no-one seems to know anything about it.

It looks like an interesting, if different, game and I can't find it anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its out on Friday (16th).
    Sounds like an interesting game, but from what I've read, it really runs out of ideas towards the ends and starts rehashing mini-games gratuitously.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i have a demo of it
    havnt played it much yet but notice the graphics arnt great or atleast up to the standards of others but wudnt mind this if it makes up for it in brillant gameplay (certainly got an odd and original storyline)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Tis going by the name of Indigo Prophecy in Europe. Although most online places aren't useing that name.

Play and game have it as Fahrenheit, in stock aswell.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=167820

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

One of the guys in Game told me it had been pushed back until the 23rd. They still had the "Coming out on September 9th" stickers on their boxes. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Play have it as this weekend. Hope it does make it out this Friday, I've been aching to get stuck into a new decent adventure ever since Still Life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Mantel wrote:
    Tis going by the name of Indigo Prophecy in Europe. Although most online places aren't useing that name.

Play and game have it as Fahrenheit, in stock aswell.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=167820
    Its Indigo Prophecy in America and Fahrenheit in Europe.

I was looking forward to this after playing the demo but after reading more into I was dissapointed that they weren't going with a simple murder storyline and you get to control multiple characters and you prefrom some completly OTT moves (runing up lamposts) ¬_¬.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Definitely out on Friday. There were loads of copies in the back room in work when I went in today.

Kirby - what price is it in Game? Its €55 in Gamestop, and thats a bit expensive for a game that'll only take a weekend to finish......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

I was in Gamestop at Lunch and they have it in sTOCK e59.99. Looks Great

€55 for the PC version.... Anyone got Game/Smyths prices?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Eg review.

Got it today have a look at it later.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60494

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€55 is too much for a game that you'll most likely finish in a couple of days and only play through once. I expected a €40 tag and I'll wait until it comes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I played the demo of this last week and really enjoyed it.

I'm definitely going to get myself a copy of it tomorrow.

Apparently it even has sex based mini games in it... although I think they've cut those bits out of the american version.

I just love the tension that it builds up and the '24' style camera work. In the demo your are frantically trying to clean up the murder scene in the bathroom of a diner, and the view changes to a split screen showing you a policeman finishing his cup of coffee and getting out of his seat and walking towards the bathroom door, all while you are still working away trying to clean the place up.

It's very well executed.

Although the whole idea of playing both the murderer and the detectives who are after him reminds me a lot of the movie script that Donald Kaufman was working on in Adaptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

TmB wrote:
    €55 for the PC version.... Anyone got Game/Smyths prices?
    Smyths: Sold-out (blanch branch)
    GAME: €54.99

Both PC version.

Smyths: Sold-out (blanch branch)
    hehehe... blanch branch sounds funny....

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Installing at the moment...I'll post my thoughts later :D

About the sex scenes monkeyfudge mentioned above: I'm pretty sure they were cut from all versions of the game, not just the american release, though I'm not 100% sure.

Edit:

"In addition to being retitled Indigo Prophecy, the US version of the game is censored. Scenes depicting sex and other "adult content" were removed from the game at the request of the publisher, so that the game would receive an M rating from the ESRB. Quantic Dream claims these cuts won't "dramatically affect" the plot of the game.

It faced no censorship problems in other parts of the world; any copy of the game titled Fahrenheit has not been censored or modified in any way."

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

boo1iy.th.jpg

Best game ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

LOL, that's probably the most amusing in game shot i've ever seen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

my cousin only has the ps and xbox version of the game
    i cant find the pc version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Oh noes! You're going to have to buy it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

tuxy wrote:
    my cousin only has the ps and xbox version of the game
    i cant find the pc version :(

My cousin in clare who can see Galway Bay from where he lives has just posted me a copy a while ago.... should have it by the morning.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

My cousin in clare who can see Galway Bay from where he lives has just posted me a copy a while ago.... should have it by the morning.

S.

I would love to be able to decode that message!

He's a pirate and he lives in a bay......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

He's a pirate and he lives in a bay......... :D

haha LMAO, good one :p yeah hey Tusky, did you know that today is international speak like a pirate day!?? oh, and if you guys can't get in on play.com you'll probably be able to get it on eBay . :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

thanks for the heads up
    i will be contacting my relations in that region of the country. im sure they can sort me out

Anyone's Cousins send them it? My cousin cant seem to sort it out, the post seems very slow........ Can't seem to track it?

S.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

luckily didnt need any cousins to send it to me, since a friend went out and bought it. anyway, pretty cool game, if a tad annoying with some of the mini games.

and yes, the sex is interactive :D

Kiith wrote:
    since a friend went out and bought it.

Wait, are you saying that your mate bought it for you or your mate bought it and you used his copy........... for the sake of the games industry I hope it was the first....... :eek:

I got it on Sunday... in you know... a shop?

Because it's a good idea to support innovative original titles.

Although this really just plays a bit like Parappa the Rappa with tits in it. But the storyline is pretty damn good and keeps you hooked.

There are some bits that really don't work very well though. Such as the sections that are flash back sequences to when the main character was a kid living on a military base. These bits are visually interesting and there is a good sence of mystery about them... but the gameplay is just a terrible, terrible stealth-em'up... it's pretty badly implemented and it's very hard to tell if a guard can see you or not, so it's pretty much a case of trail and error.

Also a alot of the action sequences are a little bit too Matrixesque for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wait, are you saying that your mate bought it for you or your mate bought it and you used his copy........... for the sake of the games industry I hope it was the first.......

em, i...eh...well, i think i, eh....i wont lie to you....... :o

Advertisement