Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite FF music track

Options
  • 14-09-2005 12:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I don't want anyone telling us what the best overall soundtrack for a final fantasy game is. I just want your favourite pieces of music.

Aeriths theme (FFVII): Probably the best piece of music written for a videogame. Beautiful and tragic. Sums up her character nicely :)

Terras Theme (FFVI): Simple yet very effective. When you heard this playing as the 3 mechs journey through the blizzard at the start of FFVI you knew you were playing something special.

Aeon Battle (FFX): A lesson in how to do RPG boss music. An excellent track to have the last boss fight to. The ordinary boss music is quite special also.

Remenants (FFTactics): This track just suits the scene it is playing in perfectly. Fighting Mildred (I think) during the rain storm is one of my favourite moments in the game.

Ovelias theme (FFtactics): Another great track to accompany another fantastic character. Quite a tragic piece to accompany a character who is used as a puppet by people in power but shows her true strength towards the end.

In Zanarkand (FFX): I think this is the one most people will associate with FFX. Uematsu's best track on the FFX soundtrack.

Overworld Theme (FFVII): It will probably be ingrained in my memory forever. The golden saucer theme is as well for all the wrong reasons

Fithos Lusec Vecos Vinosec (FFVIII): From the intro. I think everyone will agree that it is excellent.

Crystal Theme (FFIV onwards): A final fantasy classic. The extended version appeared in FFIV first and features in every FF game.

One Winged Angel (FFVII): Another that I think everone will agree is excellent.

Could go on a whole lot more but 10 is enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

the zanarkand one popped instantly into my head when i read the title of this.
    also i loved the turks theme from vii, and sephiroths theme.... and the rest of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I don't the name of the track in FFX. But it plays over the aftermath of the first Crusader attack on Sin. Its just a fantastic piece of music that fits the scene (one of despair/hope) perfectly and i think there's pipe-type instruments used. :confused:

Its also used in subsequent scenes (and sometimes along the road on the pilgramage).

Someone must know what im talking about...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SofaKing wrote:
    I don't the name of the track in FFX. But it plays over the aftermath of the first Crusader attack on Sin. Its just a fantastic piece of music that fits the scene (one of despair/hope) perfectly and i think there's pipe-type instruments used. :confused:

Its also used in subsequent scenes (and sometimes along the road on the pilgramage).

Someone must know what im talking about...

I do. It's a great piece of music. Wandering Flame is the name of it. Also liked the track that plays during the raid on the Al bhed capital. Can't quite name it. It goes by a different name on the psf album than the official OST. 'Those who got away' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Fithos Lusec Vecos Vinosec (FFVIII): From the intro.
    Wasnt that Liberi fatali?

Ive got to mention 'The Extreme' from FF8, marvellous

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the one at the start of FFX,at the blitezball game..dunno what it is called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

the one at the start of FFX,at the blitezball game..dunno what it is called.
    'Otherworld'... strange lyrics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rhyme wrote:
    Wasnt that Liberi fatali?

Oopsy! They are the lyrics and the name of another song on the soundtrack. Meant to say Liberi Fatali.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

One Winged Angel and I Can Hear the Cry of the Planet are probably my two favourites.

Not to overly repeat whats been said already but that Zanarkand song with the bong in it from X, not entirely sure what its name is.

grimloch wrote:
    I Can Hear the Cry of the Planet

Excellent choice. Love that track myself. The whole FFVII soundtrack is full of classsic memorable tunes. 'Flowers Blooming in the Church', 'Anxious Heart', 'Life Stream', 'Interrupted by Fireworks', 'Mako Reactor' and 'Opening - Bombing Run' would be my other favourites from the ones not already mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭mokeymokey

has to be the oping music the opening musci to ffx (blitzball bit) or 1-winged-angel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Whats the name of the Boss music in FFVII? Cos thats my fav piece from any of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Slurms wrote:
    Whats the name of the Boss music in FFVII? Cos thats my fav piece from any of the games.

There's quite a few boss tracks. "One Winged Angel" is the one at the end with Sephiroth.

The generic boss music(see edit) is maybe called "Jenova Absolute" but I'm not too sure and "Birth of a God" is played I think with one of the fights preceeding Sephiroth.

EDIT: I'm a fool. "Still more Fighting" is the generic boss music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thanks Grimloch, Still More Fighting was the one I was referring to.

Been listening to the Advent Children soundtrack all day. Standout tracks for me are The Promised Land, For the Reunion, Divinity and of course One Winged Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i have also been listenin to it all day pretty much. I love the whole metal element they added to some of the songs.

i think the battle music from tifas fight is cool. beyond the wasteland is really cool especially with the big bassy sounds at the start. just reminds me of that bit in the film where I didnt know what to expect from it.

for the reunion is also cool. I love piano pieces

just been playin through FFVII for the first time. just fighting
    Dyne. keep gettin destroyed

the gold saucer music is great. really gets you in a good mood.

por midi file compared to the superior ps1 sound but anyways

http://www.unlimitedgamer.net/coverage/ff7/music/ff7-Gold_Saucer.mid

dyne was tough for me the first time i played it. he can be especially tough if you didnt really use barrett. the best thing to do is let him hit u and you keep curing. just unleash limit breaks on him, he'll go down easily enough :)

it was weird. i was typing that whle i had the game paused at the start of the fight. i just used a choco/mog summon straight away and it paralysed him for the entire fight :D

lol, good ol' reliable choco/mog!
    if all else fails, send a hurtling giant yellow bird at it..........

hehe thats racist against chinese people. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd vote for Aeris' Theme, but the Black Mages versions of Those Who Fight Further and Dancing Madness ****ing rule.

I don't see what the fuss about the black mages are. i think they are ****e.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I don't see what the fuss about the black mages are. i think they are ****e.

don't like metal eh? tbh uematsu's keyboard is amazing with them. imagine seeing that live!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i love jenova's theme from the black mages.

a great mix of guitars, keys, bass .

don't like metal eh? tbh uematsu's keyboard is amazing with them. imagine seeing that live!

It's not that I don't like metal. I like any kind of music. I just think it is ****e. He should get himself an orchestra instead of a rock band. The original Nes soundchip music sounds better than some of the black mages renditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I love the Black Mages. There's a certain novelty appeal to a rock band thrashing out your favourite tunes with ridiculous guitar and keyboard solos. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mndflayr

My favourite FF music track is from the credits and closing screen of Final Fantasy for the original Game Boy. I cried.

The title sceen music for FFX-2 is really quite excellent - shame about the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

Time I registered... :)

FFVII - Jenova Absolute - Can't explain why but I adored this one from the get-go. (It played in the last Jenova boss fight, IIRC).

FFVII - Aeris' Theme - do I need to explain? It sounds gorgeous on guitar, too.

FFVII (sensing a theme here) - Sending A Dream Into The Universe - plays during the flashback of Cid and the rocket, with Shera stuck in the engine room.

FFVII - Still More Fighting - It's damn cool :)

FFVIII - Balamb - sounds lovely on guitar.

FFIX - Melodies Of Life - but instrumental versions, it was all over the place... a couple of others I liked but I can't remember their names off-hand.

FFX - To Zanarkand - just beautiful.

FFX - Rikku's Theme - Just a nice happy tune :)

FFX - Jecht's Theme - No, not "Overworld", this one was fantastic!

FFX - Auron's Theme - The epitome of Cool.

I think that'll do for now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I don't think that I've heard a piece of FF music that I didn't -Crystal Theme rocks!- like but in my opinion the sound-track to FFVIII was by far the greatest.

By the way where can I get these soundtracks? :confused: I heard that they're on i-tunes but I don't have an i-pod.

Advertisement