Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Party

Options
  • 14-09-2005 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have to book a venue in Dublin for a XMAS party with a private room that will do food. And of coarse DRINK..... :)
    Anyone any ideas or thoughts ?
    I need to get this for a Friday / Saturday night in December
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

For how many people?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

how bout the party bus?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Vaults in the IFSC looks nice, been in the nightclub a couple of time but I know they do events too... might be a bit pricey though but sure if the boss is paying why not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sjjhynes

Its for 120 People Approx....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Clontarf Castle is very nice.

We used it for our 10th Birthday party last month and we're currently looking at using it again for Xmas.

They have 2 big function rooms that can be used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Were doing the same BS this year, 70's night in a hotel in Stillorgan. Such a pain in the arse. I hate 70's pop music, and I hate abba, and why do we have to do the prosthetic dinner part? Ughhh, now thats a night that I clock watch.

The worst part is all the groups seem to stick together, no one mingles, its as if your obliged to A)Sleep with a co-worker or B)Fight with a co-worker or C) Do something really really really dumb infront of all of your co-workers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

come on people, more suggestions!!
    I'll be attending this party and I expect a roof over me head, a smoking area and a bar that's within easy reach!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

life bar in the irish life centre on abbey street, its free to hire...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead and his workmates are heading to D2 for their office party.Went there last year too,i heartily recommend it to all.However this year i'm dreading it.Here is my dilemma. Miss Piggy and I have been in a relationship for just a little over a year. We have been on and off, due mainly to issues regarding respect and trust. Our main problem stems from trust issues. My workplace is full of ladies, and this Christmas the annual party is a closed party,ie no spouses or significant others allowed. :eek:
    Office Christmas parties are famous occasions for drunken women lurching at the good looking chaps ... or the other way around.
    Now i am as commited as the next man but the combination of free drink, drunk ladies and white snow is enough to tip anybody into the arms of infidelity, it's entirely possible that the two of us may be greeting the New Year separately.
    I really hope the party is cancelled. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

*cough*

This isn't the Dublin Board.

Thread moved :)

• Advertisement

fer feck sake nesf
    who the hell is going to see this thread here!!?? :(

Beruthiel wrote:
    fer feck sake nesf
    who the hell is going to see this thread here!!?? :(

Dublin people should start reading this board ;)

I'd second Clontarf Castle. I like the place a lot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

were going to the rds. Keith barry and din dins. beats staying in the office. our office is small and really well behaved. :(

nesf wrote:
    Dublin people should start reading this board ;)

don't like you anymore :(

Beruthiel wrote:
    don't like you anymore :(

Yeah I tend to have that effect on people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

We went to Citywest Hotel last year & really enjoyed it! This year we're going to the Setanta house in Celbridge - €55 for the party or €120 for the night & to stay which is quite good value. I know neither of these places are in the City Centre, but there isn't much of a selectiom close to town.

We were contemplating going to Chief O'Neills in Smithfield too. I've never been there, but its supposed to be quite nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rotary

every year, we (superquinn) have our xmas party in the white sands hotel in portmarnock. the food is good, there is a private bar and then a nightclub! i realise the nightclub is tamango but it's a good laugh when you've had a few drinks

Advertisement