Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Juggling Convention

Options
  • 14-09-2005 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Tralee Juggling Convention

4th - 6th November 2005

Well lads it's coming up to that time of year again. Any of you who've been to Tralee before know that the Fanzini's always put together a great weekend. Here are the details for this year (so far...):

Details: Fri night 4th Nov..playing with a few different venues at present but somewhere in the centre of Tralee.

Sat KDYS hall Denny St. Tralee...same venue as before.

Sat 4pm Public Show Siamsa Tire theatre Rock und Roll

Sat eve Renegade..playing with a few diff venues..

Sun KDYS hall and town park for games

UCD and DIT juggling clubs usually organise deals on transport and accomodation for this one, so check out those clubs in the weeks before the convention, and come along!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

cannae wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

IMO this is the best irish juggling convention/bender going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Richard W

Sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

I'll be there..

Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Here's some more info on the Tralee convention from emeraldcircus mailing list:

Hi to all,

First up, cheers to the organisers of the Clon convention, great weekend.

Tralee is coming together really nice..two new venues..

Fri night:Clubheadbangbang, Greyhound Bar Pembroke St. Tralee (you need to go through the main greyhound bar out the back to the beergarden area) Check out www.clubheadbangbang.org
    Sat:KDYS hall Denny St. 9am-3pm
    :Siamsa Tire Public Show 4-6pm
    :McDades Nightclub Castle St. 7-3am. Not the front bar where we were before but through courtyard to nightclub. Fire space in courtyard for those so inclined!
    Sun:KDYS hall 9am-4pmish
    :Games in Tralee town park just off Denny St.

Accommodation:
    There's a hostel, Finnegans, next door to the convention space and the # is 066 7127610.

Well thats it. Any questions give us a shout on 087 9978146 (Con) 0863629829 (Den) or fanzini@lycos.com

Word of mouth is the key to these events cause not everyone is cyber-friendly so spread the word!

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Fanzinis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NiallKelly

Incase any of you haven't heard, Toby Walker will be at the Tralee convention. Apparantly he's not bad at this juggling stuff (might even do five clubs!).

Really? or is this rumour mongering to get people to come? is he doing the public show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NiallKelly

Here's a copy of the email sent to emeraldcircus:

Howdy ya'll

Just said we'd let everyone know, Toby Walker, legendary Welsh juggler of IJA fame will be over for the Tralee Juggling Festival! He will perform at the public show and will do a workshop. We are currently working on a site, posters, insurance (!) and acts. Spread the word and see ye all in Nov.

www.jugglingdb.com/jugglewiki/index.php/TobyWalker

Fanzinis.

Just when I had my bloody mind made up not to go.
    Arse.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I think I'll have to make my way down for this. I'll just tell the missus its a "romantic" weekend away in Tralee. Mwahahaha

Juggling is romantic. You get to throw stuff at each other.

Plus i'll be there and going by my past record at conventions i'll prob be getting naked/half naked and if that doesn't get her in the mood nothing else will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 toherd

Emmet, you'll need to improve on the Clonakilty boxers though...

Dee

It was a public show had to contain myself, some of the people in the front rows got a good look. But don't despair i've got a new leopard print thong that needs wearing. Now here's a question for ya's whats more disturbing me having a thong or that my mam bought it for me?

I think it's more disturbing that you actually intend to wear a leopard print thong that you ma got you...

You've never seen my collection then

& I never want to.

I am going to Tralee. Definitely.

Larry just for you i'm gonna bring some of my collection down just for you to enjoy me modelling

Score! I can leave all my video tapes and magazines behind.

Just a thought that occurred, I know you can buy equipment slightly cheaper than in shops down at conventions like these. (There was stuff being sold in the hall on denny st last year) What are the chances they'd have spools of diabolo string?

• Advertisement

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't i'm also looking for some string. if they don't have it you can ask fay to order it for you and she'll post it to you

Fantastic.

Was watching some of Toby Walkers stuff there the other day.
    Absolutely incredible. Cannae wait.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 orange.organic

This be a long shot but sure thought id try....my friend messaged me about a trick we saw at this convention, probably done a million times before but sure we can't remember it. (late in the evening after a few bevvies)
    Anyways we were in an apartment and this guy did a trick involving a basin and what looked to be one of those wire scrubs and also fire was involved...
    would anyone have a clue as to what the trick was and what was involved???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

fairly sure i know what your talking about, does it involve spark effects like a sparkler? (i wasnt at the convention and havnt seen this done with a basin but i think its the same trick)

Wire wool will act like a sparkler when set on fire

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Wire wool will act like a sparkler when set on fire
    yup that was my thought, wirewool with a bit of parafin and light it (or use a 9volt battery) and it lights but be warned, its VERY hot and quite dangerous so please be careful if you attempt this

Advertisement