Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champs League - villarreal v man utd

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

I was watching on Sky (can't bear Dunphy & Co.) but I heard about some of their comments. It's as if they think United's whole campaign is over, which is ridiculous. A point away from home against a tough side is not a disaster.

Sky over Rte ???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rte's analysts are simply untouchable. Even though im loathe to admit it , i totally agree with all Dunphys and Giles comments last night.(houghton is completely annoying though - you'd swear he was as good as Pele the way he goes on sometimes) Ferguson is losing his marbles. Playing formations to protect players. As Keane has shown with Ireland - he doesnt need protection. And why play the formation when Keanes not playing??

Comments about O'Shea being good earlier in the thread are laughable. The guys concentration is not good enough to play consistently at the highest level. His passing is error ridden, but he has great potential, such a frustrating player.

Wouldnt mind seeing a midfield of Richardson on the left , Ronaldo on the right and Keane and Scholes in the middle with rooney playing off ruud up front. Richardson has serious pace and did well when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

RedorDead wrote:
    Sky over Rte ???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rte's analysts are simply untouchable. Even though im loathe to admit it , i totally agree with all Dunphys and Giles comments last night.(houghton is completely annoying though - you'd swear he was as good as Pele the way he goes on sometimes) Ferguson is losing his marbles. Playing formations to protect players. As Keane has shown with Ireland - he doesnt need protection. And why play the formation when Keanes not playing??

Comments about O'Shea being good earlier in the thread are laughable. The guys concentration is not good enough to play consistently at the highest level. His passing is error ridden, but he has great potential, such a frustrating player.

Wouldnt mind seeing a midfield of Richardson on the left , Ronaldo on the right and Keane and Scholes in the middle with rooney playing off ruud up front. Richardson has serious pace and did well when he came on.

Well I won't go into a Sky/Rte debate, but regarding what you said about Keane--I agree, he doesn't need 'protection' so to speak, his performance against France was world class in a 4-man midfield. But contrary to what people say, I don't think Ferguson picks this formation to accomodate Keane. If he did, then he probably wouldn't have used it against City on saturday and again last night. There's a patience nowadays about United since they switched formation, much like Chelsea. I think Ferguson sees this type of play as a better chance of success in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The formation is picked to accomodate Scholes and Keane, also Ronaldo, who isn't a winger, he is a wing forward.

We do not have the players to play a 4-4-2, I really ****ing wish people would shut the **** up about it, its getting really old at this stage.
    4-3-3 is effective, it works for us.
    And its the only formation we have the players to play atm, so just please just stop talking about it.
    Even if we could play it, FERGIE WONT!!

Also as for the rest of the thread, and Uniteds season being over, cry me a ****ing river

Advertisement