Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing strap of Top after Dry Cleaning

Options
  • 14-09-2005 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Can I please ask advice on my rights regarding the following scenario. A top I left into a dry cleaners was returned without both straps. After noticing this and going back to the cleaners, it transpired that they could locate one strap. I have tried to accomodate the owner of the cleaners by giving her time to locate the missing strap and then seeing if she could get a replacement strap made. 4 weeks later, after calling again (I have to make all the calls), she has confirmed that she cannot make identical straps. She has suggested that I give her the top so that she can 'find' a similar replacement. This is going on so long, I'm totally exasperrate by her unprofessionalism. I think I should be entitled to some compensation, I have agreed to go back to the shop where I bought the top and ask them to look up the value of the top on their system (although it's over a year old). Can I hand this receipt into the owner and ask for compensation ? She also seem to think that I need to give her my top since as she said I'm claiming I can no longer wear it. Surely, I don't have to give her my top ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I thought most dry cleaners take in stuff at YOUR own risk? This would lead me to believe that she is simply doing this as a gesture of good faith toward you - odd that she doesn't seem to be in a rush though, being good faith and all....

And if she agrees to compensate you for a new top it's only fair she gets the old one, after all she's paying it's value... isn't this how insurance works too? They get the car wreck?

Advertisement