Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid ntl sign in the way

Options
  • 14-09-2005 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

can you please remove that stupid ntl sign ? i cant go to commuting transport because its blocking me out of the way
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

For the love of god... can no one look a tiny bit down the page to see the millions of other threads on this?

Click the category on the menu bar and then scroll down to the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I associated www.star-adserver.com with 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file so that it keeps 404ing instead of getting the Flash advert. Not a satisfactory solution though, especially since it reduces boards' opportunities for getting revenue.

Adblock does the same trick but it takes away from boards... I use it but that's cos I block every ad I come accross online...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Invest in some ad-blocking!

Norton does it nicely for me, i've never seen an ad/banner on boardsie...heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

why doesnt board just move the sign to the bottom ?????

• Advertisement

Because for it to make any money the ads have to be prominent... I think having it at the top is a good comprimise because the alternative would be to have an ad as a reply to every topic as a lot of other vBulletin based message boards do...

Advertisement