Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday cakes

• 14-09-2005 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am looking for ideas for a birthday cake... something other than the usual boring ones.... and does anyone know someone that will make it for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In Superquinn if you leave in a photo they can put it on the cake, looks pretty cool we got it done for my grandparent's wedding anniersary, got a picture of the wedding day on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Try Tesco's ones if it's for a child. They have racing car shaped cakes (like an F1 car), cakes with pictures of Arsenal team members and Liverpool team members. pictures of Barbie etc. Plenty of themed cakes and the're about 12-14Euro.

They also do a nice fun one that would be ok for an adult. Choc icing with dark choc and white choc stars.

Or just make a home-made sponge yourself. Fill it with cream and summer fruits. Or decorate an icecream block with sprinkles, silver balls, shaped animals like jellies (you'll find them all in the baking aisle in the supermarket). goes down a treat with kids and adults alike.

If you told us what area we might be able to help a bit more for someone to make it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya the picture on the cake looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Just stick to Superquinn, they are the best. The cake is made fresh to order and it's the nicest you'll find!

They have a large book in store that you can look at, has plenty in it. And as mentioned above, the photographed icing is a great idea.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Surely some mod should move this thread, as its clearly a cake/pie issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Food/Drink

Advertisement