Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepultura

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm looking forward to this. Roorback was really excellent and they're trying to do something different again this time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah good,more sepultura \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The riff from 0:36 seconds is really good, very thrashy. The whole thing sounds very promising. I will not miss them when they come back, unlike 2003 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Ahhh Brazil's biggest hard rock band from what I hear...and major RUSH fans tooo!.....hehe yeahh Ill give em a thumbs up so :)....Doc yu have any of their stuff amigo??

hope to see yu guys in RDS on saturday ok?

ciao' amigos Baggio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Roorback was a really good album, i think far to many people have decided not to give derrick a good fair chance.

• Advertisement

TBH I actually prefer Derrick to Max by a long way. The first two albums with him were a bit patchy but Roorback and Revolusongs were from the top drawer. He's a fantastic singer. Having said that, I thought Roots was rather patchy too, so the condition existed before his arrival :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well I will look forward to this album aswell, but at the same time, I will still always listen to

Arise, Scizophrenia and Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

**Under A Pale Grey Sky We Shall Arise...**

cue that at full blast and have a house full of drunken metallers flying through unmovable objects. Happy memories of college. Wasnt all a waste :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ohhhh, I remember the chill down my spine the first time I listened to arise and Beneath the remains. Savage stuff.

listening to arise right now.i still think desperate cry is one of the best metal tracks ever written.

• Advertisement

plus not a bad cover of Orgasmatron either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Orgasmatron's a cover?!

You don't know your Motorhead then? For shame... ;)

Doctor J wrote:
    You don't know your Motorhead then? For shame... ;)

Oh these modern kids and their lack of knowledge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I've heard Motorhead play Orgasmatron, but thought they were covering Sepultura...

haha!!!

All this support for Sepultura warms my heart :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

im still not sure about Sepultura anymore,Against wasn't really that good.
    And that Bullit the blue sky song was terrible,it was a U2 cover though wasn't it?

Against was patchy, so was Nation, but Roorback, man you've got to check it out. Best album since Chaos A.D. IMO

Bullet the Blue Skiy is a fantastic cover i thought.Really really tight.that whole album is brilliant.angel and messiah and piranha especially.on the jap version they start playing fight fire wit fire at the end too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

is it?,i'll check it out.My friend has it so i'll get the loan of it off him.But everytime i heard him talk about it he said it was a pile of ****

You don't need friends like that ;)

Ahhh just listen to it with an open mind, people are too swift to dismiss it because it's a different singer. The fact is, that is a really, really fine album in it's own right. Forget all the bull**** and just listen to the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

WOW!!! Those riffs are some of the best ive heard from Seps in years!!! I honestly thought they were finished, no more ideas left.

I hope they leave it as raw sounding as it is there, and not over produce which they have tended to do in the past. I havent bought a seps album since Chaos AD, but i might get the new one on the strength of just those few riffs.

overproduce my arse, revolusongs is the only one of the derrick green albums which has a clean crisp type of sound.against and roorback definetly dont and nation maybe a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

So going through 7 different studios for one album doesnt sound a little bit over-produced to you? Roorback especially had a horrible sound, i dunno, it was too metallic or something, too black album, with that flawless kinda sound, its kinda hard to explain. Theres no growl on the distortion, its got no balls. "Mind war" is a song that comes to mind. There is something about that sound that isnt easy on my ears, i know you all have albums you just dont like the sound of.

i got to say i dont feel any of the sepultura albums have a shiny feel to them except revolsongs.still if you dont like the sounds from roorback fair nuff, i love it think it is a very good album.now morbid visions...there is a horrible sound.

I think Evetts has been dropped for Dante 05, it'll be interesting to hear the production on this one.

the new update is up on the site and the track at the start sounds freaking great!

Advertisement