Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ive been Interferred with!!!!

Options
  • 14-09-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

ARRGH!
    Some woman in Dunnes Stores just patted me on the head and said, and I quote, "Mind if I touch you, im my country people like you are highly reverred"........wtf!?

Which country, part of me would *like* to be reverred! LOL ;)
    However, another part of my wants to run some kinda electrocuting pressure activated plate with a wig on it on top of my head heh ;)

I was so stunned I said nothing (unusual for me lol), just watched in confused silence as she taught her brood (by example) that it was okay to stop complete strangers and maul them and as long as they are in a wheelchair!
    I know its not funny, at all, but godess help me, had I not laughed afterward I woulda screamed lolol :rolleyes:

Where was my inner-bitch when I needed her!

b
    _____

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

In my country you'd be well entitled to pull her arm off and beat her to death with it - then myself and my fellow countrymen would certainly revere you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

What country was she from? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I can only assume. Mars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'm curious as to what you were wearing at the time. In some of the Hindu parts of India TVs are reverred and would indeed be touched by people who hold this view.

On the plus side they are given quite a bit of license, even so far as a blind eye being turned to somewhat violent behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would say that she was most likly indian and hindu and so identifed you as
    being one of the hijra.
    In Hindu contexts, hijras belong to a special caste and are special devotees of the mother goddess Bahuchara Mata. Within Muslim contexts, including Pakistan and Bangladesh, hijras believe their third gender is the result of God's will.

Ahopefully she will teach her brood about the joys and wonder of diversity
    from thier own cultral back ground and I am sure she ment no disrespect by it.

• Advertisement

The wonders of being in more than one minority group FnF. When someone treats you strangely you can't be sure just exactly why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

lmao, too right tallie,..

well, gotta say, thats the first time iv ever been thought of as a tranny when not even trying!! LOL ;)

I didnt even have eye-liner, if i had been a tranny i woulda been a helluva bad one lol ;)

All I was wearing was black trousers and a blue t-shirt lol :eek:

The hilarious part is that there was a time, many many moons ago, when I was *often* mistaken for a gurl lolol ;0)

I didnt even have eye-liner, if i had been a tranny i woulda been a helluva bad one lol ;)
    The hilarious part is that there was a time, many many moons ago, when I was *often* mistaken for a gurl lolol ;0)
    In that case maybe they thought you were a drag king :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I had the same kind of confused reaction during the week, until IO worked out they were saying I was fat. :p

Advertisement