Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest patch

Options
  • 14-09-2005 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I've noticed that the latest patch - 1.7 is up and ready for US players.
    The only patch I can see for English is 1.6
    Should I download this? Or is Europe always 1 patch behind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

People who use the automatic downloader seem to be picking up the 1.7 patch fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Patch days for US and Europe are on different days, but we're on the same patch nearly all the time (except for the day between their patch day and ours).

Manual download here
    http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=7656

or a bunch of links here
    http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?type=begins&file=WoW-1.6.1.4544-to-1.7.0-enGB-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/150000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch-v1.7.0-

Look at that page. Its so confusing. They have the main 1.7 patch and below
    it for English they have 1.6.

Also I stopped the auto-download as it usually takes too long. I tried to stop the process but eventually had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to exit it. Now when I went back to install again. I waited ages for the patch to load but nothing happened even after about 10 minutes. i pressed the Close button and "Closing" came up . I then waited a nother 10 mins before it finally exited.

This is doing my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

koneko wrote:
    Great link, thanks.
    (I couldn't be bothered registering with fileshack or any of the other crowds mirroring the patch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The new patch has completely screwed up my UI. It's so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cant login :(

Cant login :(
    I can login every now and again, have to keep trying though. This patch has only brought bad news for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Are you using Cosmos, or something like that? You will probably have to download an update (I'm probably stating the obvious here though!).

fjon wrote:
    Are you using Cosmos, or something like that? You will probably have to download an update (I'm probably stating the obvious here though!).
    I was using the CT mod. They were getting 500 hits to their website per second earlier on so no of their downloads were active which was a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I checked this morning, and there was a message saying there was authentication problems outside of their network which probably explains why everything has been a bit crap for the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

regarding the patch messing up UI's. Unless you did certain things after you loaded the patch it wouldn't work properly.

The way they save variables changed his patch which has caused the headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

anyone know about the new insominiax patch ?
    I doubt its out already because i cant find it anywhere :S
    *error messages are evil*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Ok, so after sorting out the problems - what do you all think?
    I like the new need/greed system a lot better. The dressing room is pretty useless (unless you're completely vain). I've yet to explore any of the new areas though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

could do with an new version of insoniax myself if anyone knows where/if its up.

Advertisement