Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you feel now?

• 14-09-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

OK, The 3 years are done and dusted, the exams have been corrected and hopefully you got your results today?

But, how do you feel now it's over?

Me, I'm glad over my results but I'm appealing French & Irish. I felt I should've gotten B's and not C's in those subjects.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I'm happy. No anti-climax at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

satisfied but we have to leave this forum to the "next generation" now

Jakkass wrote:
    satisfied but we have to leave this forum to the "next generation" now
    We'll be ok if we get this though.

Still, I'm gonna miss you JC forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Everyone was twitching with anticipation this morning but I was quite frankly... well, not. I'd say the only point I got really nervous or anxious was opening up the envelope, which I had to do in a rush because my History teacher was standing there. And they put mine in upside down, yarr.

But aye, didn't get overly excited tbh, and don't feel like it was an anticlimax because I didn't get all stressed about it in the first place.
    I have a vague regret of not listening to my Irish teacher when she instructed me how to write a story that doesn't suck, but it's in the past now.

It'll be sad to leave this place. I've posted far too much here over the past year, but I do suppose it's time to pass the burning torch of a.... forum to the new generation.

We should have a thread dedicated to the handing over of the JC forum to the JC-ers of today.

• Advertisement

With illustrations?
    And heartfelt speeches?
    And silent cursing as we await a new forum to infest with our wretched presence?

Got a bit carried away there.

Yeah, all of those things.

/me goes and creates new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Everyone was twitching with anticipation this morning but I was quite frankly... well, not. I'd say the only point I got really nervous or anxious was opening up the envelope, which I had to do in a rush because my History teacher was standing there. And they put mine in upside down, yarr.

But aye, didn't get overly excited tbh, and don't feel like it was an anticlimax because I didn't get all stressed about it in the first place.

I wasn't nervous at all. I really surprised myself! When I came into school people were crying and saying they were going to throw up! And then when they got their envelopes they sat there for ages just holding them...
    I tore mine open, saw my 2As and just starteded screaming and hugging my friends...before I even checked what they were for...Italian and French btw! I really didn't expect any As.

Btw does anyone who got a B in CSPE feel a bit...well, stupid? Almost everyone I know got an A, and it is the easiest subject!! And I got 96% in my mocks. But oh well it's not like it matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

I feel a bit of an anti-climax, I think. Mostly because I was so un-bothered by the entire exam and was only properly nervous the day we were getting the exams. I did feel a twinge of disappointment with some of my results, but I am happy.

Should we all trudge off to the Leaving Cert board to wait until 6th year? ;)

I didn't feel stupid, since I know I lost my A on the Action Project (I got 94% on the paper in the mocks, and it's frankly as easy as hell), and I personally did as much as I could in that project without literally doing the whole thing myself, so there wasn't anything else to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

i got a B in Cspe as well and I got 95% cin my mocks. I think it was marked really hard this year, 'cause few people in my year got A's and loads did in the mocks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

hmm thts wierd loads of ppl in my class got A's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I feel...not much really. Didn't want to open my results, got them, scanned them, left. Really quite disappointing, could have done alot better, but they're not that bad, and I'm kinda over it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I feel mostly relief. I had pretty high expectations of myself & I was dreading not meeting them, but I got exactly what I thought I'd get (except I got my B in Irish, not English- English A :eek: ) so it felt strange to have a weight that had been on my mind for almost a year lifted.

Advertisement