Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Please Help With Extension Socket

• 14-09-2005 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

I bought an extension socket and went to install it , at the end of the cable they are 4 coloured wires red, black, yellow and blue. When you open the extension box they are four screws with a wire attached to each one and the wires are red, black, yellow and blue. Do I attach the red wire to the screw with the red wire and so on or is there a certain order. I cannot figure it out. Can anyone help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Be handy if you have a little electric meter. To see which colour wires are live on the mains. But if you dont. It's a little trial and error.

Most likely red and black are your live ones but fart around with it until you figure it out. Remove them on by one etc.

There are only two live from your main socket. And they would go to red and black on the exension box.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

this link should help http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~kurisuto/phone_wiring.html

Infact you only need two out of the four wires, but yes you connect the red to the red and the green to the green

Advertisement