Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtlough for clays?

Options
  • 14-09-2005 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello,

Myself and a bunch of lads from way down south are thinking of making a day out of it at the Courtlough grounds in Balbriggan. Anyone have opinions or experiences of the layouts in Courtlough? We will be travelling quite a distance, so we want to make sure its well worthwhile.

thanks in advance...

cycllops

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its very impressive. Loads of different traps setup so you can get easy->impossible depending on your own skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cycllops

Thanks for the information

cycllops

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clusterF**K

Yeah it is one of the best places in north dublin to go for clays!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thay have various rows of stations and you plug a electronic counter in to the station. It keeps track of the amount of clays you fire. So you can chop and change between the stations. Each one has 2 diffent clays (a and b) and there is a control that fires them.

The 2 rows I saw had about 15 stations total and I think there were more I didn't see. Some of them were near impossible to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

I've been out there a few times , they have a really good set-up plenty of traps of varying difficulty, you might get more info on their site . i know they offer packages inc. mini-shooting competiton and refreshments afterwards , if theres enough of you going might be worth a look.

http://www.courtlough.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Cyclopps,

I strongly recommend Courtlough for a day out. Shooting is available for all standards of shooters, both clay, rifle and now they are starting paintball shooting on site. All groups are tutored by an instructor and it is a good fun safe place to shoot.
    The steaks there are also well worth having, good pints too. They will organise B&B for you if you wish.

Well worth a trip. :)

Thanks very much to all for the opinions. I will let you know how we get on

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Maybe we could have a boards shooters day out there as the facilities look A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Sounds great Woody,

Maybe post a new thread on it and see what interest it gets.

Rates at the club are favourable enough once you have insurance and are an experienced shooter.

It would be good to get a boards crew out and see if we can actually shoot as well as we talk adout it !!!!!

I'll leave the ball in your court on this one Woody, count me in regardless.

Chopperdog. :D

Hello all,

Just back from our trip to Courtlough. We had an excellent day there, it is a great facility...

We tried a bit of everything, and the sporting layout is the hardest I have ever encountered, but great fun. Some of the birds are so distant a full or extra full choke is definitely needed. None of us could hit the teal targets, until full chokes were swapped into the guns.

We also called to the Ardee shooting ground in Pepperstown. We shot a seventy bird sporting layout, and really enjoyed it. The ground manager Maurice Cavanagh has set up some really testing stands, and offered us good advice and coaching throughout the session. I cannot recommend the Ardee ground highly enough for decent sporting.

Regards,

cycllops

• Advertisement
Advertisement