Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT acting up today?

• 14-09-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

I've been having a slow connection for the past hour. I'm on the 2mb service. when i check my speed on http://www.irishisptest.com it comes up as 317kbps instead of the 1.72mbps it usually is.

anyone else finding it slow today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Tell us where your located as these are normially regional problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

yea same here ... north side of dublin here

speed test on 2mb line is 300kb :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

im getting 169kbs a sec on 2mbit line....is this normal lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Im in Dun laoghaire and mine is slow too, im on the 2mb connection. Im getting 273 kbs on Irish isp test. It mad how we get so used to the fast speed and when its goes slow its panic stations! :D

Hunter px1 wrote:
    yes thats normal.

• Advertisement

Hunter px1 wrote:
    Sorry i read it wrong, yours is slow too.

I cant edit my last post for some reason :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Know there was problems with Eircoms transists today, might of had something to do with it? Or you're just at full contention.

Mines flying away at 1.72mb anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Can you try the test at adslguide.org.uk

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

Although I'm on Smart I actually get a more reliable test than on irishisptest

Check this post out for a explanation - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3327681&postcount=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Phantastic Fox

I'm in Co. Dublin (the north part) and my connection is really slow atm, running around 120-130kbps on my 1.5MB line. Noticed I was getting ****e pings. Should probably clear up soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

noticed my 2mb line was a bit sluggish too about 30mins ago, thought it might have been my wireless router etc. but rebooted everything and then ran the irish isp test and was getting 129kbs down instead of the normal 1.72mb:(

btw i'm on the carrick-on-suir exchange in south tipp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dundalk exchange....downstream is 92kbps...upstream is 110kbps :rolleyes:
    BT 2mb service....better get it fixed soon...their bill wasn't slow about arriving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Go me!

In other news today, Bt BB was crappy for me this evening but it seems to have sorted itself out now.
    ADSL Guide wrote:
    Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
    Downstream 1442 Kbps (180.3 KB/sec) 1557 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Upstream 101 Kbps (12.6 KB/sec) 109 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    1.63Mbps download
    63.5kbps upload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

it was/is slow for me too

still dog slow here, in fact it seems to be getting slower :-\

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
    Downstream 51 Kbps (6.4 KB/sec) 55 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Upstream 106 Kbps (13.3 KB/sec) 114 Kbps (inc. overheads)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Download @ 1.71MB here. Normal for me...

well time i was getting some sleep, connection speeds are still poor here, my old 56k modem could download better at a solid 5k, getting a solid 4.2k now :(
    better be sorted by tomorrow or me thinks BT will be getting lots of phone calls

....and answering f**k all of em.

Speeds are all over the place since I logged in this evening...upstream not affected at all...only downstream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

me too, since yesterday i been gettin pings of 150 - 250 on esat bt

lol that's customer service for ya ;)
    yeah actually i did notice that the upstream was still hitting the normal 75-80kbs on the speed tests alright, odd that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was getting pings of 200 on Irish servers tonight on BF2, and pings of 500 on US servers....

I reset my modem and it went back to the usual 35-45 on Irish/UK servers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

My boyfriend only got his 1mb BT broadband yesterday and it's ridiculously slow. He was told it was his fault that the copper in his wiring was not strong enough to carry the signals and that he must purchase a lan wire instead. So it's not just him then I'm guessing!! He tried to download a file and it started to download at 300kbps but went down to 12kbps. Are alot of people having this problem aswell then?? What's going on?? Why is this happening??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Rang BT about the slow down. Support guy sad that there was a general slow down in the dublin area yesterday, started int eh afternoon and ran into the wee hours. He was vague about the cause, but said it had been sorted out.

Will see this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

dancin wrote:
    Rang BT about the slow down. Support guy sad that there was a general slow down in the dublin area yesterday, started int eh afternoon and ran into the wee hours. He was vague about the cause, but said it had been sorted out.

Will see this evening.

Grand. Thanks for letting us know.

We'll see... *twiddles thumbs* ... MUHUHUHUHUH

Im back up to full speed now although boards is running really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

last 2/3 days now, gettin dial up speeds, im in sligo, i can downlaod at a good speed, bu browsing is like dial up, my brother on diff exchange in sligo is havin the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Connection was pure shíte all day yesterday.
    dancin wrote:
    Rang BT about the slow down.
    I'm amazed you got through... I'm convinced their support numbers are all fake at this stage. :rolleyes:
    Are there any broadband providers in this country that have more than 2 people manning the phones? ... I'm really considering dropping eshat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Just rang home, asked the wife to check IrishISPTest. Back up to normal speed. I Guess they fixed the problem alright.

Aye back to full speed here too.
    Boards is slow but I'm guessing that's server side...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

Hey just wondering if any of you guys are getting erractic pings tonite. I'm in Cork and there all over the place. I will be ringing Esat tomorrow over this because its been going on nearly a week now after 7ish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement