Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miike Takashi's Visitor Q?

• 14-09-2005 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Chapters on Abbey street are doing a excellent
    world cinema dvd sale,two for €30.
    They have hundreds of titles; French,German,Asian.
    I was tempted to buy Visitor Q but it sounds pretty
    disturbing,even more than Ichi The Killer.
    So I bought Miike Takashi's Happiness Of The Katakuris
    and Wong Kar-Wai's,In The Mood For Love.
    If anybody has seen Visitor Q,I'd be interested it to
    hear what they thought of it?
    By the way all the dvds I've mentioned are 14.99 sterling
    on play.com so €15 is a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's a bit twisted.
    A lot of it is quite over the top. It's not the kind of film you just throw on any old time, I found it quite difficult to watch. Some of the subject matter is a bit out there, for example
    incest, necrophilia, just weird lactating scenes, heroin use, physical abuse.
    Not for the faint of heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Yea thats what I thought just by reading the back of the dvd.
    That's why I didn't buy it,I really enjoyed Audition but
    wasn't fond of the Over The Top violence of Ichi The Killer.
    Looking forward to watching The Happiness Of The Katakuris
    though,a lot of positives said about it on this forum before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I absolutely loved it. Some people might think me a sicko, but I honestly loved every bit of it. I think that if you enjoyed Miike's other films that you should definetly check it out.

I must warn you though, I also loved Gozu which seemingly a lot of people didn't love at all. So you should take my recommendation in the context of someone with whom Miike's work strikes a chord with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well I've enjoyed all the other Miike films I've seen too, including DoA2, but Visitor Q just wasn't that good in my opinion.
    Some of it had me in stitches though, even if they were slightly disturbing,
    such as the necrophilia scene when rigamortis sets in and he gets stuck inside her. That was a perfect example of Miike's often twisted sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Makaveli wrote:
    Well I've enjoyed all the other Miike films I've seen too, including DoA2, but Visitor Q just wasn't that good in my opinion.
    Some of it had me in stitches though, even if they were slightly disturbing,
    such as the necrophilia scene when rigamortis sets in and he gets stuck inside her. That was a perfect example of Miike's often twisted sense of humour.

Funny you should mention it, but I only just nabbed DoA2 off play.com there for £7.99, but they seemed to have jammed the price up to £14.99 again. Probably give it a look another night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Loved Visitor Q myself, not advised for family viewing, but
    the microphone, oh the microphone :o
    . Twisted just doesnt quite cover this film, but I definately found it entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

I enjoyed Visitor Q as well however I do think that you need to know (and enjoy) a good number of Miike Takashi's other films before you go watching it, it's not one to start out with...

And Karl, you're not the only one, I thought Gozu was one of his best films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Miike is a bit of a nutjob from what i have seen but i really enjoy his movies.I still have only seen the start of the Katkuri's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've seen Visitor Q and it is, without doubt, the weirdest and most fu*ked up film I've ever seen.

Having said that, it was well worth seeing though. A strange and twisted sense of humour is needed if you want to watch this.

Advertisement