Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicolai Valuev

Options
  • 14-09-2005 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

7 foot tall, 325lbs, takes a decent punch in his stride and apparently he can move suprisingly quickly for a bloke his size. Could this be the next heavy weight champ of the world?

well at the moment 2 people stand in his way:
    1. Larry Donald - underated in my opinion, only ever been beaten by a near prime riddick bowe and current wbc champ vitali klitschko

2. John Ruiz - looked better in his last outing against James Toney but his old mainstay of pin their arms and waltz around the ring with them might not work on valuev (if you want to see why here are some pics of him Vs. Etienne who is the same height as ruiz)

Personaly I reckon he could well manage it which could mean some very interesting fights against the other beltholders :)

(here is some info on valuev for those that have not heard of him)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

To be honest I think he lacks a little power. He's not a pillow puncher or anything, just not as devastating as you'd expect for a man of his size. Valuev has fights won before he gets in the ring, just cause people are so overwhelmed by his size. It would be interesting to see him in the ring against a veteran like Ruiz (yes, the interesting one himself) He's definitely worth watching even just for the novelty value. Oh yeah, there was a Valuev thread a while back.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=282944

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

oops! damn search function is disabled(although I should have remembered as i posted on that thread myself :o )
    still i'm looking forward to seeing this wba eliminator at the start of next month between valuev and donald, i wonder who will televise it?

Hmm, I'd say the best bet is Eurosport. I don't think any of the main stations would cover it since they didn't even manage to show Morales' fight last Saturday. It would be interesting to see Valuev's title shot. He should get past Donald ok. He's not connected to an American promoter is he?

You've probably already saw this but just in case:

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=4671&more=1

Valuev interview

Hope Eurosport show tonights fight against Larry Donald sometime in the next few weeks. It sounds controversial, though that makes sense with the fight being in Germany and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

hi geiger, is there a write up anywhere on the web? all ive found out so far is that valuev won.

EDIT: ah found one, public opinion seems about 50/50 on whether valuev should have got the decision and 100/0 that he was crap

Here's a fight report, maybe you've seen it by now though:

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=4816&more=1

Advertisement