Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wierd things your pets do!

Options
  • 14-09-2005 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

what strange things do your pets get up to?

my dog has me in stitches everyday because her favourite game is for me to put her blanket on her head (basically blindfolding her) and then i have to tip her nose or head and she has to try figure out where i am and nip me through the blanket...she's such a wierdo. if i'm watching TV and she wants to play she'll bury her head under the blanket herself and try bite my arm!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My cat cries on the stairs for me to play with him - I have to throw a paper ball/toy over his head and he bats it back down to me - he can hit it really far :D He also jumps into the (empty) bath and attacks the stopper and then picks it up in his mouth and runs off with it - it's not on a chain btw..He also has a little winnie the pooh teddy that he carries around in his mouth when he's going to have a sleep - I'm always waking up with something under me in the bed and it's his little teddy bear! :D Oh and he can open up a closed pizza box and steals the crusts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

When I lean over the bath to wash my hair one of my great danes puts her head inthe bath too and nudges me until I wash her head as well so we have to take turns washing our heads. She also likes to put her arse on the couch four paws on the ground and watches the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

One of our cats adores water and has gotten into the bath and the shower with my OH.....we have another female cat that loves paper of any sort and wants you to crunch it up throw it and she will bring it back to you for you to do it again. Our male is a lazy bugger :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Eat, sleep and poop and beg that's pretty much all our piggies do. Our collie runs into walls, but by accident..she's very clumsy and has no brakes. The cockatiel likes to make up his own tunes and confuses the dogs. That's pretty much it, mine aren't too weird just regular eat sleep and poop machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My parrot loves attention, she usually tries to grab my watch or claddagh with her beak, and when I go to stop her, she then lowers her head for a *concession* scratch :-) She loves tea too, and tries to grab my cup every time I have one in my hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

My amazon entertaines me with his (filthy) talk!

It also cries like a baby when it wants attention (imitating a childs voice in the family)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My two west highlands are wierd.

When ignored, the male howls and whines like a hurt child.

When ignored, the female bites your ears of all places

They like to go to sleep in the hot press and whine until someone lets them in

The female gets up on the male, and dry humps him. Failure to let her do so results in a big play fight.

When fighting, the male likes to be dominated. The female rolls him onto his back and he struggles wildly, but when she backs off, he runs up, bites her ears and face, and rolls onto his back waiting to be attacked.

They like carrots and mushrooms but not sweet or chocolate things (thank god)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my horse is a bit mad. If you hold up a polo mint or treat and tell her to say please she lifts up her front leg.
    She eats bananas (including the skins!) im not sure if she should be eating them so I try keep em away from her but she grabs some out of my hand.

If Im getting up on her she stands perfectly still until I put my foot in the stirrup then she heads off for a wander with me hanging off the side.

she loves to go around with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth flapping up and down which gets us lots of odd looks!

mad as a brush.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

My dog sometimes takes exception to my toes and tries to bite them for no reason.
    One of our geckos has a strange habit of stalking and attempting to bite the other one's tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Zeke, one of the kittens we took in, like to steal things. I've found my hair towel brought down from the other end of the house under the kitchen sink. Tops and socks taken out of the linen basket (again at the other end of the house) in the utility room. He jumped up onto the sink in the ensuite today and left with the sponge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

my jack russell one day was in the sitting position, she then lifted her back legs off the floor and using her front paws spun around in circles on her bum :D we now have her to do it on command, we simply say "spin on your bum"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Our rats will try to bite your feet only if you are wearing socks, tis strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

forgot, my pooch does an impression of Blue from Blues Clues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

One of our dogs is mentally unstable. He likes to "chase" rocks.
    He will nudge them until they slide down the hill. Then he tries to push them back up hill. If a rock won't move then he bites it for a few minutes. He has chipped the tips off all of his teeth. Can't get him to stop. Won't use a chew toy. Prefers rocks :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sugar Kane

Anybody elses dog got a thing for socks? My dog goes nuts for them and has even worked his fetish into a game. Nothing as elaborate as throwing a ball or a stick - it is basically throw the sock and he brings it back for me to throw it again. Even stole socks from our neighbours back garden.
    Does the same thing in the bath and shower with the plug hole. Its as if he is looking for water and yet when I turn the water on he leaps out of there as quick as lightening - hates when I mention the word "bath".
    They definately are weird little creatures but thats what makes me love them even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

my cat drank half a cup of cold tea the other day....?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well, my dog thinks she's a cat... She learns stuff from the cat, so now when they're play fighting, the dog gets down really low and tries to creep along like a snake. It doesn't work too well, though, because she is a fat-ass boxer :p

My cat, also, has a fetish for socks. He will chew on your feet if you're wearing socks, and goes into my bedroom and under my bed because he knows that he's likely to find some dirty socks in there :p And he also jumps into the washing basket and takes out some dirty socks. Oh, and he brings them downstairs to the living room too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

New kitten seems to be confused about the litter tray :D In fairness she goes in the tray usually BUT when covering up she will NOT use the litter. She gets out and paws the wall, the floor, anything. Even if you put her in the tray she gets out again..

Also when i feed her she starts pawing around her bowl as if covering up in the litter tray :D:D

Also has a tendency to run into doors and walls and hit her head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Myself and my cat play catch in the house and garden. I'll chase him till i touch him then he chases me. Funny as hell. He can be like a dog at times.
    He follows me around house and garden and just hangs around.

Met this Dog and his owner one day in Scotland (in a town on the way up to Inverness from Pitlochry). The owner was a car park attendant in a national park. The dog wanted to play, so I indulged. But I could not figure out what the dog wanted till the owner explained. I thought that he wanted me to throw pebbles (from the car park ground) so he would chase them. One assumes this normally. The game was to try and hit the stone on the dog's snout. You throw (gently and not direct like lobbing, like you'd throw to a girl, no offence anyone) pebbles at him and try and hit his nose and the dog dodges them. Very strange but cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

My dwarf hamsters are crazy... The females run non-stop in the wheels from 8pm-6am, even the one with two legs! (Both on the left side.) I could light my whole house with them.
    And with the males, if my bunnies are running near the cage, the oldest ones will walk as close to them as they can get (the side of the cage) and squeak at them, and if the rabbits are stealing their hay, the hamsters will slap them on the noses until they go away. The also slap my toes if I'm too close to the cage.
    And my rabbit thinks she's a cat. She likes to jump up to really high places (like the top of my book shelf or the TV) and then lie there with her legs streched out behind her and infront of her like a cat. She even kinda looks like one. And she loves chicken. Whenever she gets into the kitchen, she'll steal chicken from the dog's dish if there's any left. She'll also scratch you if she doesn't want you near her then bounce off.
    My Jack Russel, Zero, is just crazy completely. He loves slippers and feet, and also anything gold or silver. Like earrings or watches. But it has to be pure gold/silver. He won't touch anything fake. And when he gets something gold/silver, he'll lick it and chew on it and nibble away at it. If he's out the back too long, he'll make these whining noises saying he wants to come in, which often sound like a child saying something, but you can't quite understand it. It's funny...
    Animals rule.

• Advertisement
Advertisement