Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry - Which handhelds?

• 14-09-2005 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience of using blackberry on a non RIM device?...I have heard that it is possible to install blackberry software on the Nokia 9300 and a siemens phone?...

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if so, what your experience is with it?

Ta,
    Jab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Hi
    Here is a good thread on blackberryforums.com which deals with specific issues regarding NON RIM Blackberry devices

Well worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

wolfman wrote:
    Hi
    Here is a good thread on blackberryforums.com which deals with specific issues regarding NON RIM Blackberry devices

Well worth checking out

Exccellent resource, thanks!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

FWIW I had a demo model of the Siemens SK65 for about a week and found it ok to use but the battery life was shocking compared to my 7100v . BLackberry wise it was ok but was slow in booting up as it didn't have a sleep mode.

Parsi, what could you not do with the SK65 that you could do with your RIM device?...does everything work exactly the same?...does e-mail get pushed, calendar, contacts etc...etc...

Also, were you using it with an enterprise server?

Cheers,
    Jab

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I was using it with a BES alright.

At the time we were on BES2.2 for Domino so contacts didn't get pushed but BES4.0 does that happily now.

It did everything that the Blacka could do but the screen was considerably smaller, it doesn't have a trackwheel. The keyboard was interesting but it was another moving part which I could imagine being a fluff gatherer. Device was a bit bulkier and heavier as well. When the phone powers up it was necessary to manually start the Blackberry service so this is something that people could forget maybe.

Now if it was a Nokia then maybe it would be more useful because everyone has a Nokia charger... ;-)

• Advertisement

Sounds good....might get onto account manager and get one in on demo...
    Cheers for the info.

Mark

Advertisement