Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Calculating used car value

• 14-09-2005 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of an Irish website that calculates the approximate value of a car for resale values?
    The reason I ask is I can't find a car similar to mine in age/milage/spec. to compare with for sale in R.O.I.
    I want to sell it private, as I will get more than a main dealer will offer me on a trade in.

G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

ad a few hunderd euro for a higher spec / low milage nothing significantly more then its closest comparable

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

What is it?..

make, model,year, mileage, extra's - immobiliser/power steering/air con?, paint - metallic?, alloys, good service record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Its a Volvo S40 2.0D SE 136bhp,(new shape), reg. aug 2004, 42k kms/26k miles,full leather, dual climate, 6 Cd, all elec.,alarm, cruise, 8 airbags, 17" alloys, black(non met.), full volvo service history, cost about €34k new.

So far nothing similar on autotrader, carzone or volvo websites.
    If I calculate the % of depreciation on a similar Uk/NI car, and deduct the same, would that be about right? Or does VRT shag the whole thing up?

Thanks for the links, but these are the old model, and they go for a fair few grand less.

*edit*

This is similar to mine, but a lot less milage, so I suppose I'm looking at about 28k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

glynf wrote:
    This is similar to mine, but a lot less milage, so I suppose I'm looking at about 28k?

Yours sounds a lovely car but the above is also a year younger so I'd imagine €28k would be somewhat optimistic. Having said that why not advertise at that and give some room to bargain down a bit? (why are you getting rid of it so soon btw?)

Bluehair wrote:
    Yours sounds a lovely car but the above is also a year younger so I'd imagine €28k would be somewhat optimistic. Having said that why not advertise at that and give some room to bargain down a bit? (why are you getting rid of it so soon btw?)

Perhaps a bit.. :) Its 13months old, but its still all about the plates.
    I have heard of a book that garages get that has all makes/models prices indexed re. resale, theres a mechanic I know who might be able get a look for me.. I won't advertise until i get a definate price guide.

The reason I'm selling, volvos have crap resale, and I want to change while there is still demand for the new model.I plan to get the new Lexus IS 250 2.2d (released in nov.) in the new year, and have the use of an old 5 series until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Use the revenue online calculator. http://www.ros.ie

Advertisement