Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a certified bank statement?

Options
  • 14-09-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I am moving to the UK and to open a bank account over there I have been told that I need to provide the bank there with three months of certified bank statements from here. Have asked my bank manager but she doesn't know what they are and says that the standard statement I get will suffice.

Does anyone out there know what a certified bank statement is so I can tell my bank manager what they are and get one before I leave?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Never heard of it. I had no problem opening my first UK account with normal statements.

Perhaps you should ask the UK bank manager what he means by "certified".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

A certfiied bank statement is one that has been stamped by a solicitor saying it is a true copy / legit

It should cost about a tenner to get stamped, walk into a solicitors office and ask they do them all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ck1

Certified really only means that if the statement are copies they are stamped with a "Certified True Copy" stamp and signed by an official and also the stamp or seal of the company or orginisation where the official works.

Sometimes they will give you a list of who can sign, generally - teacher, Judge, Barrister, Garda, etc. Some banks ask for the original to be certified as they do not know the holding banks but this really is being overcautious when it is between the UK and Ireland.

Advertisement