Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish oral

Options
  • 14-09-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

just wondering will the examiner know if you are doing higher or ordinary level during the oral cause my teacher doesnt know his feet from his head?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No the examiner won't know what level you're doing but will most likely be able to guess pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nope, they won't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

do they know your level in french or is it just the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

How the hell are they supposed to mark you if they don't know your level?

Surely there's a different scheme for each.

No everyone is marked the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

grimloch wrote:
    How the hell are they supposed to mark you if they don't know your level?

Surely there's a different scheme for each.

Well I presume the oral examiner gives you a certain mark, and when your overall score in the whole exam is totalled up, the oral % is adapted in accordance with your level.

eg. you get 100/150 in the oral, pretend that's 35% of the overall mark. Maybe for ordinary, they subtract a certain % off that.

I'm not sure, just speculating. I do know that the examiner doesn't know, though.

Everyone is examined and marked the same way and then your marks are adapted by the computer when the rest of your paper is completed, in French anyway as the oral in ordinary is marked out of 80 while the higher is marked out of 100. Not sure about other languages.
    Irish both higher and ordinary and marked out of 150 and again are examined the same way. Most even the more capable students will be asked the same questions...when we did it last year all our questions were almost identical, only the really, really strong students were asked difficult questions as they were well able to handle it.

Advertisement