Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Soulwax to play Dublin?

• 14-09-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Hotpress.com says that Radio Soulwax are playing in Dublin, along with The Frames, Hard-Fi, and Royksopp. No other info is given, and you have to register for more. I bought the latest Hotpress, but no details in there.

The bit was posted on 8th September, any one of a date or venue for any of these gigs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

pretty sure soulwax are playing in spirit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks for that, a quick Google turned up some info here: http://www.turn.ie/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001737

It's October 9th at Spirit. They're doing Nite Versions (live), and 2 Many DJ's DJ set.

Headman (Manhead) is supporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Headman is brilliant live, but 2manyDJ's have lost the plot, there Electric picnic set was a joke. its more like a rehearsed live show..... they get sent every promo under the sun and they are still playing "Blur - Song 2", their Radio essential mix was unreal, that was from january and some of the songs on it are just coming out now.... but NO, Live they have to go the safe route and play all the crowd pleasers. Im not gonna bother going, but I really hope they prove me wrong and play a stormer of underground stuff......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

i wouldnt bother going, its in Spirit afterall and yes they just play crowd pleasers, some yes but when the whole set is like that its waaaay too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Its bloody annoying when you know they can do soooo much more (Radio 1 mix) although, Ive actualy seen them mix live up close and they are a little bit sketchy mixing wise. one of them is better than the other (the younger one) but they do use alot of effects to mix in tunes..... I really hope they do a proper club "tour" and do the proper shít sometime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Jeez Rab you should have been on what we were on I f*kn loved there elecky pic set and who gives if they threw in a couple of floor fillas they were ten times fatboyw*&k and they did get it going and kept it going
    I'm gunna go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

one of them is better than the other (the younger one)

David's the younger one. Steph's singing isn't that great. It's grand on the Nite Versions album, but I saw a video of them doing Nite Versions Live (at Lowlands) and his singing there kinda wrecked it I thought.

Kinda disappointed Headman is the support here. I've only heard bits of his stuff but I never thought much of him. I'd have preferred Justice or Vitalic or one of their other "friends" that are supporting them on their UK gigs.

Advertisement