Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports bar

Options
  • 14-09-2005 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

has anyone else noticed that the sports bar is gone??? WHY i ask WHY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Apparently it wasn't making enough money...I quite liked the place, spent a bit of time there last year. Everyone else thinks its ****e though, so I suppose that had something to do with it...
    RIP Sports Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Actually the Forum was always the money pit of the bars. I was DISGUSTED when the Sports Bar closed. As a long-time TKDhead... I have so many memories connected with the Sports Bar... and now it's gone. *sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ya the forum is sh1te, the sports bar was always better craic. i dunno where is the logic somtimes i wonder are there hamsters n charge of ucd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Reports from the Centre Club (nee Forum bar) committee state that the sports bar was closed to facilitate the centre club. The Sports bar had a higher turnover last year than the forum bar. The decision to close the sports bar came from the highest levels of the university who believed that it wasnt suitable to have the two bars competing with each other given the short distance between them. The Centre club intends to attract many of the sports bar's former customers. Within the next few months the bar`s management intent to establish a sporting theme by putting sports phots, memorabilia and jerseys on the walls of the upstairs section.

Regards

Chris Bond
    Student Rep
    Centre Club(Forum Bar) Committee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

tintinr35 wrote:
    i dunno where is the logic somtimes i wonder are there hamsters n charge of ucd

Hey.

Hermann and Jacinta do their best you ungrateful ********

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

The Centre club intends to attract many of the sports bar's former customers. Within the next few months the bar`s management intent to establish a sporting theme by putting sports phots, memorabilia and jerseys on the walls of the upstairs section.

Regards

Chris Bond
    Student Rep
    Centre Club(Forum Bar) Committee.

They were competing with one another because they were in close proximity, but now that they are in even closer proximiy they shall not be competing with one another??

Don't you mean that you're cashing in on the sports bar by hanging up a few old jerseys and calling it the sports bar except it will be under management of the forrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

There was a thread about it over the summer. link

I heard from someone I trust that the only year the forum bar made a profit was when the SU lowered it's rent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Don't you mean that you're cashing in on the sports bar by hanging up a few old jerseys and calling it the sports bar except it will be under management of the forrum?

Something along those lines, i never made any of those decisions, i only took up my place on the committee last week so i`m not cashing in on the sports bar.

Just thought id give yas all a bit of info from what i heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Sure the forum is under the management of the SU bar, since Jim left, last year. Its a pity he's gone. Hes in some bar nearby though. I thought the student bar was rubbish. Its like a pub form ballygobackwards. No craic there at all. The forum also suck IMO, in terms of atmosphere, but for a pint and a game of pool, its OK. SU bar is the best, better pool tables. Forum ones u can move the felt. If the jukebox in the forum worked and it was layed out differently it would be a lot better. I dont like the way you either sit on the left beside the jacks or over beside the pool tables. Always thought it was a bit of a mess. Been kicked out of there a good few times too, for silly things.

Advertisement