Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old 2D Scrolling Games by ID or Appogee

Options
  • 15-09-2005 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Any one here play any of those high quality 2D side scrollers like Commander Keen, Bio Menace, Duke Nukem, and the like? Those were high quality. Also, they had great Midi music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Super Swiv
    Double Dragon
    Graduis

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Super Swiv
    Double Dragon
    Graduis

? they werent made by apogee.....
    ?
    im confused

anyways.....
    yeah, i played them on my old 286 and i used to think they were fantastic
    i only had the sharewares of bio menace and duke nukem 1/2 but they were still great i also had a really cool game called "Monster Bash" made by apogee which had some of the best graphics for its time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any one here play any of those high quality 2D side scrollers like Commander Keen, Bio Menace, Duke Nukem, and the like? Those were high quality. Also, they had great Midi music.

High Quality? They were probably the best on the PC at the time but compared to the platformers and 2D scrolling shooters at the time on other platforms they were absolutely disgraceful. I used to laugh at how bad they were and we ended up going to another mates house to play mario, megaman, lifeforce or axelay on the nintendo consoles. We did however have some great fun with scorched earth with the maximum amount of players. Of course slagging off my friends PC stopped he got his 486 and shareware Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dont forget the best one.... ROTT!!!
    Rise of the Triad.
    Brilliant game!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not exactly a 2D side scroller though ;)

that was fun alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Stephen wrote:
    Not exactly a 2D side scroller though ;)

that was fun alright.
    oh yeah, duh... silly me.
    I just saw Appogee and thought "ROTT!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Just looking at the apogee online store , can't believe they're actually charging for this stuff, some memories though, duke nukem, raptor, rise of the triads, terminal velocity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keith Whitener

You can find most of the games for free online though, and I don't mean on P2P programs. I have the complete Raptor, Duke Nukem, Cosmo, Keen, and Bio Menace. As well as Secret Agent and Crystal Caves. Some I can't get to run, like Monster Bash.

I also have Xargon, but that's not Appogee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

You can find most of the games for free online though, and I don't mean on P2P programs. I have the complete Raptor, Duke Nukem, Cosmo, Keen, and Bio Menace. As well as Secret Agent and Crystal Caves. Some I can't get to run, like Monster Bash.

I also have Xargon, but that's not Appogee.

http://www.3drealms.com/downloads.html If it's not on there as a freeware download, then it isn't legal :)

Advertisement