Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your night??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Does this thread have to become yet another grammar rodeo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I went to a JC disco even though I dont get my results until next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

jayo99 wrote:
    here's the original post..

Savage craic, bout 20 of us walked down a road then say a teacher coming so some idots did a dive over a wall and buckeled them selves Tehehe.Thew some apples at people.went to the cinema and came out and we were heckled by a garda for singing.

and just some of the corrections.. Prizes for spotting the most mistakes..

Savage craic, about 20 of us walked down a road then saw a teacher coming, so some idots dived over a wall and buckled themselves Tehehe.Threw some apples at people.went to the cinema and came out and we were heckled by a garda for singing.

Well there Jayo99

My guess is you are either a evil litle engilish teachar or a little prick who hasent the gooder social skills to talks to peoples so yous decides to ridicule them and only distancer youselves from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol and he still made a mistake >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    *sigh* While we're being pedantic:

Ah now I'd only give that a 4 out of 10

Capitalise Man!

Ah now I'd only give that a 4 out of 10.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Fobia wrote:
    You know what I like? I like pizza.
    I love pizza too

/acts out the Aero with Caramel ad replacing Caramel with pizza.

I had two pizza's this week. One on JC day, and one last night. This has probably been the best week in my life :) . JC results were good too.

And jayo99: It's not very nice of you to come into our little JC community and start spitting out grammatical mistakes. And judging people on their usernames isn't right either.
    And Jakkass: While I am supporting you in your rant against jayo999, stop being a hypocrite.

But on topic, my JC night was sh!t. Girlfriend couldn't come to the disco with me + I don't drink + I hate discos anyway = Not much fun

but I got pizza

If jayo999 or anyone corrects my spelling or grammar etc I will be slightly pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

DVD and Take away on the results night...results party over the weekend, now THAT was great. Um...not bothered with any details. Jayo99, we only do group corrections, it's rude to take them all on yourself, don't you agree? We've grown to accept that not everyone spells perfectly and uses excellent grammar, maybe you can stick around and become one of us, rather than the guy eveyone hates for being a complete muppet?

Rozabeez wrote:
    maybe you can stick around and become one of us, rather than the guy eveyone hates for being a complete muppet?
    Who? Jakkass?

she was referring to Jayo99 =/
    Rozabeez wrote:
    We've grown to accept that not everyone spells perfectly and uses excellent grammar, maybe you can stick around and become one of us, rather than the guy eveyone hates for being a complete muppet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

jayo99 wrote:
    Savage craic, about 20 of us walked down a road then saw a teacher coming, so some idots dived over a wall and buckled themselves Tehehe.Threw some apples at people.went to the cinema and came out and we were heckled by a garda for singing.

You made some mistakes too jayo. About 3 of them.

Savage craic, about 20 of us walked down a road then saw a teacher coming, so some idiots dived over a wall and buckled themselves. Tehehe.Threw some apples at people.Went to the cinema and came out and we were heckled by a garda for singing.

• Advertisement

the idiot one was already corrected :eek: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

You all suck! It was only good when Flashling, and possibly the next couple of people made correction comments, but by now it's not funny anymore, and you're all just repeating each other's points!
    andyman wrote:
    I went to a JC disco even though I dont get my results until next year. :D
    and as for you, why would you go if you don't have your results? what were you celebrating? I HATE people who do that! You're such wannabes or something. Your day will come, so for now, just let us have ours.
    Sorry, there's just this girl in the year below us who does that and you wouldn' believe how annoying it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

A disco's a disco. Why does anyone ever go to a disco? I can understand why you'd be annoyed if he was preventing JC results people from getting into it, but otherwise... what does it matter?

and as for you, why would you go if you don't have your results? what were you celebrating? I HATE people who do that! You're such wannabes or something. Your day will come, so for now, just let us have ours.
    Sorry, there's just this girl in the year below us who does that and you wouldn' believe how annoying it is.
    I think you should relax. He was only going out. Maybe he has loads of friends who just got their results and were celebratring them.
    You all suck!
    No you suck, now shut up.

i agree with coconutmonkey that would be really annoying but that never happened coz ppl in younger years werent invited to the party i was at :p

Friends and cousins of mine got their results and they asked me if I wanted to go. Since I had nothing else to do, I went. So what?! Why do you care anyway? And if I'm such a wannabe, why would people invite to it?

Answer that!!

ah thats ok so i thought you just tagged along lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why does anyone ever go to a disco?
    Flaired trousers and outrageous hair-dos?

That's why they invented the 70s.

Jakkass wrote:
    ah thats ok so i thought you just tagged along lol

Was talking to coconutmonkey anyway so it's alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Pirates invented the 70s as a means of smuggling in disco.

???? :eek:

Aye, it's true. Thoes meddlesome pirates. How we love them.

how can pirates invent a decade lol....
    do you mean pirates made the 70's what it is known as today or summat

No, it's... not meant to be taken literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

No, it's... not meant to be taken literally.

Dammit, stop making me change the history books. They're expensive enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pussycat_doll

omg my nite was sooo good! was ne1 else at da wezz??? wasnt it soo good! and omg i met like 12 guys and dey werall totally hot! i tink a few wer from gonzaga, and a few from michaels, and 1 from marys or sumtin bt i dnt really remember! lol. u no was a bit 2 out of it, a bit 2 much vodka in me lol. bt d nite wudnt hav been half as good witout d drink, u no wat i mean? wel in my opinion dat is. can i get banned 4 dat? if i can plz dnt, im nu. lol thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

eh gads you're either stupid or a pisstake

blame Fobia

he showed me this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pussycat_doll

a pisstake? wot do u mean? i was just tellin ppl bout my nite, dats wat dis thread is bout isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueRollingPin

I really wanted to go to Wezz with a group of my friends but I couldn't get a ticket, so I ended up going out for dinner and then to the cinema with another group of friends. It was great, I was so full afterwards that it was hard to move! I got to sleep relatively early (around two or so), so I wasn't too tired the next day - It was hilarious seeing groups of people, sitting on the corridors, hung over and drinking bottled water with painkillers in them.

Advertisement