Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first gig..............

Options
  • 15-09-2005 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Following on from the D-Day thread, what was the first proper gig you ever went to? Mine was REM at Slane (marvellous, however that happened TEN years ago! :eek: ) as was Shanannigans (who was first to bring up this question)...............anymore replies? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

Mine was Placebo in the Olympia in Dec 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Muse, Dublin Castle supported by The Hives, shame I missed them in the olympia though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire_bear

Foo fighters in the point (soon to be relived0 but i regard chili's and pixies as my first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cawo

they might be giants- 1994, some awesome dive on the quays that's since gone :/ ickl me only 11 yrs old :p soooo cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Status Quo - Siamsa Cois Laoi - Pairc Ui Chaiomh
    1987 :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Take That - The Point - September 1994.

:) I was 11 so, yknow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

so slane isn't the only gig cherry-popper

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Diana Ross at The Point. I was 11. :o Well someone had to go with the mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

uh....
    Radiohead in the RDS.
    1996, i think.

tried to go before but no-one would let me.
    was almost at placebo til someone said if i went i'd get the **** kicked out of me. hmmn.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

kirn wrote:
    uh....
    Radiohead in the RDS.
    1996, i think.

I was at that gig too! But methinks it was 1997, right slap bag in the middle of my Leaving Cert (the first time I did it!), but I still went nonetheless (and you wonder why I had to re sit it! ;) ) Radiohead played at the Castlegar (bar?) Sports grounds in Galway in July 1996.............the best weekend ever! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Oasis in the point in 1996 supported by the mighty Manic Street Preachers.

I was actaully looking at the ticket the other day and it only cost £14.50..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

greenday in the point during my junior cert :) all those years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

radiohead in galway in 96...

great weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Bon Jovi with my uncle. It thundered and lightninged....I got soaked I stood beside a man who smelt like nasty cheese nachos and it was GREAT!! Aww good times....If you count the time before that it was when I went to see Pearl Jam with the parents, but it doesn't really count cause I don't rememer much.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement