Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto Security system

Options
  • 15-09-2005 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I lost the only key to a Punto 1.2 1998.Please advise on where to find a second hand security system(including computer box,etc.)Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

If you lost the only key (I'm assuming it's the blue one) then it's going to be a costly exercise for you. When my Mum bought her Punto in 1999, she was given a red master key which would be used to make replacements in the event of one of the other keys being mislaid.

Do you have such a red key?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pieterlouw

It was the only key. We did not get the red one when we bought it. Can you direct us to a place that can help us without leaving us bankrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I'll send you the details by private message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Ann Elk

pieterlouw wrote:
    I lost the only key to a Punto 1.2 1998.Please advise on where to find a second hand security system(including computer box,etc.)Please help!!

There's an anti-theft device screwed onto the bonnet - it say's FIAT :D
    (My rover has something similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Can I suggest something a little different? Take a look on www.fiatforum.com and search for threads on chip replacement. One of the guys there has been making replacement (improved) chips for Cinquecentos and Punto and they disable the immobiliser. Fitting requires soldering and they cost 40 quid sterling but it will sort your car as you only need a pattern key (available from any good key cutter) and your car will drive more smoothly with the new chip.

This thread is related to the Cinq sporting but the chip works on a 1242 Punto 8v also.
    http://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=14649

'c

• Advertisement
Advertisement