Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw "Night of Champion"

• 15-09-2005 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

As most will know by now, on Oct. 3rd, to celebrate their return to the USA Network, Monday Night Raw is hosting “A Night of Champions”.
    This looks to consist of several former WWE Champions, both existing WWE Stars like HHH, Michaels, Big Show, Angle and Flair as well as appearances by former stars like Austin, Foley and Hogan all making appearances (in what capacity, I don’t know)
    Vince, himself a former WWE champ, will appear and, of course, current Champ Cena.
    Anyway, for a bit of fun, I was wondering which other former WWF/WWE Champion you would like to see on Raw, just to imagine what sort of a reaction they would get.
    And to make it a little bit realistically possible, deceased champions like Andre or Yokozuna can not be included…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bret Hart and The Ultimate Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Rock.

I heard he was asked but he declined. I would love to see Austin, Hogan, Triple H, and The Rock talking trash to one another in the ring. What a moment that would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I'd love to see Bret Hart, The Rock, Lesnar and Goldberg!! would be cool if all them got in the ring with austin, hjogan, hbk and trip H talking trash!! would bring back loads of memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I'd love to see Bret Hart, The Rock, Lesnar and Goldberg

I think it's only former WWF/WWE Champs, from the wording on WWE.com anyway, so Goldberg as a former World champ would'nt qualify.

I may be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

That means David Arquette is off the bill then...shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

D-FENS wrote:
    I think it's only former WWF/WWE Champs, from the wording on WWE.com anyway, so Goldberg as a former World champ would'nt qualify.

I may be wrong...

I think he would qualify. It's the WWE World Title. Triple H has held it many times and is considered a 10 time champion because of it along with his WWE title reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

I presume Sky will be showng it

I think he would qualify. It's the WWE World Title. Triple H has held it many times and is considered a 10 time champion because of it along with his WWE title reigns.

I don't think so.
    They don't refer to Batista’s belt as the WWE World title as you call it (even though it is obviously a WWE recognized world title and no less a belt nowadays).
    Plus HHH is always referred to as a 10 time world champion, not a 10 time WWE world champion.
    Like I said, the ad states that former WWE champions, i.e. men who have held the WWF/WWE title.
    Plus, the WWE title, now held by Cena, was the only title at the time WWF/WWE was last on the USA network (1984-2000 I think), so it is this tradition and the man who held the belt during this time that WWE are celebrating on Oct.3rd.
    Goldberg, Batista, Benoit and Orton do not qualify as far as I can see, but HHH and HBK do, as former WWF champs from that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Trampas wrote:
    I presume Sky will be showng it

dont see why not unless the contract to show RAW runs out before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I suppose there's a chance The Big Red Gimp could make an appearance but that's hardly something to get excited about.

I'd like to see Bob Backlund and The Iron Sheik make an appearance along with Chris Jericho but he probably won't be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

The Rock would do it for me. Wouldn't mind macho man either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

EFC-4eva wrote:
    The Rock would do it for me. Wouldn't mind macho man either

I don't think Savage will be there if Hogan is on the card too.

It's a pity that WWE seem to be limiting the former champions that will be appearing to only those who held the WWF/E title. It would be great to see a couple of the former Intercontinental champions make an appearance too. Maybe even a few Hardcore champs - they made a huge contribution to the history of RAW and were some of it's biggest stars when it was at its peak.

It's also a pity WWE are'nt using some of the old talent they have on their books backstage for occasional appearances, like Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase and Dusty Rhodes.
    But i suppose if they guys have been rehired as road agents or whatever, they are not obliged to appear on screen or in the ring.
    Although the American Dream has apparently said he'd love one last match with the Nature Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

It's not the night of the champions anymore, they're calling it WWE Homecoming. They're bringing back in a few old names for the night such as Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, The Iron Sheik, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware

AND there's a loser leaves raw match between Matt Hardy and Edge, with the money in the bag title shot up for grabs too ..... should be an interesting show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

Cactus Col wrote:
    It's not the night of the champions anymore, they're calling it WWE Homecoming. They're bringing back in a few old names for the night such as Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, The Iron Sheik, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware

AND there's a loser leaves raw match between Matt Hardy and Edge, with the money in the bag title shot up for grabs too ..... should be an interesting show.
    think we all know who'll win that.

Advertisement