Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorant newbie, bad pings

• 15-09-2005 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I assume there isn't anything I can do from my end to improve woeful pings that mean I can't use VoIP? Is this a go to the ISP with a baseball bat in hand job? I'm in the situation of "everything will be upgraded in 6 weeks" except time marches on but the 6 weeks never changes. Btw I am stuck with one provider (wireless) thanks to the GBS which while it's a lot better than dial up it is missing several hours a week or a day :(
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What wireless service is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

eth0_ wrote:
    What wireless service is it?

bad + ping + wireless = IBB

(10€ on this one !!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

what's a GBS?

can't you switch to digiweb? if you're not getting a decent service from IBB (has to be them really, doesn't it? ;)) then throw it back at them as unfit for purpose and go with someone else.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Drapper wrote:
    bad + ping + wireless = IBB

(10€ on this one !!)

Oh how I'll laugh if its Digiweb ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If it's a GBS (Group Broadband Scheme for Vibe666), it's most likely Last Mile Wireless or someone similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Well reluctantly it's net1 but of course it's actually IBB.
    I am going crazy since it isn't working more often than it is and while paying a fortune for 2mb I'm getting a quarter of that and rubbish pings. And since Noel Dempsey is so pro internet for all what is he doing other than landing more of us with IBB via the group broadband scheme. 6 years I've waited and this is it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

vampyre wrote:
    Well reluctantly it's net1 but of course it's actually IBB.
    I am going crazy since it isn't working more often than it is and while paying a fortune for 2mb I'm getting a quarter of that and rubbish pings. And since Noel Dempsey is so pro internet for all what is he doing other than landing more of us with IBB via the group broadband scheme. 6 years I've waited and this is it. :(

back of the net!

location mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

County Meath. In the vicinty of where Eminem won't be on Saturday. Or Internet Hell whichever you prefer. And if there was any alternative I would have gone with it. Any working alternative.

Advertisement