Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The soccer forum.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This thread touches on why I won't sponser anyone unless I really feel I 'know' them which is why I've done it twice!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

jubbly wrote:
    Personally I think a few PM's would work a lot better than handing out the bannings to posters and their sponsors for lesser offenses. Most other football discussion boards run this policy (and dont tell me to go there).

Well the soccer mods and this sites admins have more experience with running the Soccer forum than you. I do not say this to belittle you, I state it as a fact. Why shouldn't you go to these other sites if they're so much better?
    My definition of freedom of speech is being able to say your own personal opninion and having not conforming to what the authorities want to you say.

Tell me, do you think you have that right now? Besides, telling someone to fúck off is a lot different than conforming to what the authourities want you to say.
    You can leave all the feedback you wish on this thread, I was just closing it in case further action was taken.

On boards users can start threads but they can't close them. Good job too or Feedback wouldn't be as much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well done to the Soccer Mods T4TF and Talla on their actions today. If users can not get their point of view across without using abusive language they deserve to be banned.

Jubbly it's only a week, use it to contribute to some of the other fora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Wouldn't things have been so much better if jubbly had use the word ''some'' before ''rovers fans are fking animals.''

Take the ban on the chin man. As a fellow Shels fan I could rant and moan and use even far worse foul language when describing some of the thugs who support Shamrock Rovers Football Club but as much as I'm all for free speech that comment was only going to provoke an unfavourable reaction and it has to be clamped down on.

If you really want to use terms like ''rovers fans are fking animals'' register on Gypo site and pretend to be a Bohs casual where they welcome abusing rival clubs with all sorts of inappropriate abuse and threatening behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jubbly wrote:
    I called a number of Shamrock Rovers fans " f'ing animals' and got a 1 week ban for my trouble.

Since you can't access the soccer forum to check your original comments, I'll refresh your memory:
    jubbly wrote:
    Shamrock Rover fans are f'ing animals

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3350831&postcount=3

Not "a number", not "some", just "Shamrock Rovers fans".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

mike65 wrote:
    This thread touches on why I won't sponser anyone unless I really feel I 'know' them which is why I've done it twice!

Mike.

I know what you mean, I've only got access and won't get involved in any of the arguments I could possibly lose the head over, or bother posting abuse at other fans, a way of saving alot of trouble getting sponsors banned.

Oh and btw I feel that some Rovers fan's do behave like animals, but my brother is a fan and I certainly don't think he's an animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

Ive said my peice and have nothing more to say on this matter.

Thanks everyone for your valuable contribution. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Draupnir wrote:
    Anyway, Im surprised Jubbly lasted as long as he did.
    I'm suprised how few people know who jubbly is. :) Started supporting them after their European run last season. Has never been to Tolka... jog any memories? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Squirrel wrote:
    I know what you mean, I've only got access and won't get involved in any of the arguments I could possibly lose the head over, or bother posting abuse at other fans, a way of saving alot of trouble getting sponsors banned.

thats reassurance seen as i sponsored you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Oh, I DO enjoy the cries of the damned!

*Always checks Prison first*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

IMO - if 'you' banned from the soccer forum.. (for a week). you should have to re-apply for access..

releasing your sponsors incase 'you' do it again.
    Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'm suprised how few people know who jubbly is. :) Started supporting them after their European run last season. Has never been to Tolka... jog any memories? ;)

i do ;)

ah ive clearly missed something explain pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

he had a previous incarnation....unless I'm hallucinating wildly :eek:

well its never a good sign if someone has to open a second account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

eirebhoy wrote:
    Is it?

That user was banned for personally abusive PMs (to me), re-registered with another username along the same lines as his first one and continued to PM me, afaik that account was banned too.

I'd be very surprised if the Mods/Admins made this kind of oversight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Jubbly banned permanently from Soccer because I am satisfied Jubbly is thejollyroger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

talla wrote:
    Jubbly banned permanently from Soccer because I am satisfied Jubbly is thejollyroger.

Thanks for doing me a favour Talla:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

End Transmission

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement