Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup 1st Round. Dinamo Bucharest v Everton

• 15-09-2005 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Everton Squad for this one. Martyn, Wright, Yobo, Weir, Arteta, Bent, Ferguson, Davies, McFadden, Li Tie, Kilbane, Cahill, Neville, Osman, Hibbert, Valente, Ferrari, Ruddy, Hughes, Anichebe

I see the team as being.

Martyn,
    Hibbert, Yobo, Weir, Valente
    Davies, Cahill, Neville, Arteta, Osman/Kilbane
    Bent, Ferguson/McFadden

Can't see Everton getting beaten out there, but then can't see them scoring either, prepare yourself for a 0 - 0

Match is on live ITV2. Will be on in Fraisers O'Connell Street Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I will miss the match tonight so hopefully Everton will win as every game i watch or listen to they seem to lose :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Goals have been painfully hard to come by in recent games, we need to get van der meyde and beattie fit and in the team...Losing this tie would be such a disaster, it would make all last seasons hard work a waste.

If only Collina had never been born everton could have signed some real high profile players at the end of the transfer window, its depressing to think what might have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any Streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

80' Dinamo 4 : 1 Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

lol!!! 4-1?? That a result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

No, it ended 5-1.

Shocking result for a premiership club. Everton can bully teams in that league but in Europe as seen tonight, you have to be able to have good movement and techinique etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

F*ck me but Everton's season is going downhill fast!

Much needed European cash gone a-begging with tonight's result, and their league form ain't hot to boot. A lot is down to Cahill's drop in form this season IMO, he was sensational last year from midfield, so much of what Everton achieved was due to his goals and creativity in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Graveson had a bit of class in midfield too.

Kilbane, Carsley etc. are not classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Last season Dinamo came 2nd to Steaua. This season they're currently 2nd to Steaua. Shels gave Steaua a run for their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bluetonic wrote:

Can't see Everton getting beaten out there, but then can't see them scoring either, prepare yourself for a 0 - 0

Welcome to Europes second tier! :D rofl...........!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Terrible performance from Everton. I actually went down to Fraziers to watch this one... Good atmosphere etc until the sh1t hit the fan...

In the 18 years that I have supported Everton, that has to be the worst performance I have ever seen... I was sitting there watching it and not understanding what was happening.... It was a nightmare.

They just weren't up for the game at all. They looked lethargic, tired, uninterested and had no great urgency. The only reason they scored is because they scored first!!!

Such a dissapointing result. They played fine in the first half, but whatever happened at half time in those dressing rooms is a mystery....

Valente without a doubt is at fault for the 3rd and 4th goals. He ducked out of the way of the shot for the 3rd goal and for the 4th he was scratching his arse on the half-way line when his man took the shot for the 4th goal.... I never wanted to hit a player as much in my life!!!

The lineup surprised me as well. I would have started arteta, even though he had a bug, and kilbane as well. At least he would have ran at them down the left and then bring on mc fadden, who was useless for the whole match.

Yobo I think was the only player that played well and actually wanted to win that one...

Weir should be taken out and shot now. Too slow and it showed for 2 of the goals. His lack of pace was clearly evident....

Arsenal on monday. Its not looking good. Hopefully moyes gives them a right bollocking after that disgrace....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

If its any consolation, we beat you guys 7-0 in the last outing. Its unlikely to be as bad this time. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm really sorry but hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahha.

I actually would have liked everton to have had a decent run, just in case they manage to put a league run together. Its really looking like last season was a major over-achievement.

I really didnt see that coming, thought they might have put a decent run together. This is not going to be a happy season. I really pity them cos in their best seaon in a long time we went and won the champions league and overshadowed them and then...................................this season.........................

mr_angry wrote:
    If its any consolation, we beat you guys 7-0 in the last outing. Its unlikely to be as bad this time. :p
    well you dont have henry, so you are unlikely to score...

*slunks into the shadows*

Stekelly wrote:
    I'm really sorry but hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahha.

I actually would have liked everton to have had a decent run, just in case they manage to put a league run together. Its really looking like last season was a major over-achievement.

I really didnt see that coming, thought they might have put a decent run together. This is not going to be a happy season. I really pity them cos in their best seaon in a long time we went and won the champions league and overshadowed them and then...................................this season.........................
    4 or 5 games doesn't make a season.... and in no way makes last season look like an over-achievement. You can only judge that at the end of this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

damo wrote:
    If only Collina had never been born everton could have signed some real high profile players at the end of the transfer window, its depressing to think what might have been

Yeah could have been 10-1 vs Lyon ?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No, it ended 5-1.

Shocking result for a premiership club. Everton can bully teams in that league but in Europe as seen tonight, you have to be able to have good movement and techinique etc.

The team that played last night had 5 different players than the fixed starting line up of last year. 5 players - thats half your outfield players - so you can hardly say that this is the same team who "bullied" teams in The Premiership last year.

Everton. Normal service has been resumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ciaran76 wrote:
    I will miss the match tonight so hopefully Everton will win as every game i watch or listen to they seem to lose :(

They seem to lose them all whether i am watching them or not :(:o:( :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

well you dont have henry, so you are unlikely to score...

*slunks into the shadows*

was Henry not missing for them for that 7 0 thumping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Washout wrote:
    was Henry not missing for them for that 7 0 thumping?

Yes you are right.

He was not missing for that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

LOL, think he mean't to say "wasn't Henry not missing for them for that 7 0 thumping?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

sorry im still in utter shock and disbelief over last night...i too was in Fraziers and just couldnt believe what was happening.

joke...an utter joke.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I am one of those people who think last season was a major over achievement for a very average Everton team but even I didnt expect them to lose 5-1 to a team who finished second in the Romamnian League. What a shocking performance.

This is gearing up to be a poor season for everton. they are doing their usual trick of having a good season followed by a poor season. Absolutely shocking display. It was an embarrassment to everton last night.

Advertisement