Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rain in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

layke wrote:
    Personally i'd like to see it mandatory for people to redo their driveing test every 20 years or so. It would lessen road deaths and increase drivers awareness.
    Ah ha! My favourite hobby horse. :)

I'd go further, and make a full driving test mandatory for renewing a licence or getting it back after a ban.

I reckon that'd do wonders for the standard of driving on Irish roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Sleipnir wrote:
    There are lots of learners because it takes so long to get a test these days.

Dont agree with this.....I did my test a few years back(must be about 3 now) and it was supposed to be terrible then....if you listened to everything it was 6-9 months before you got a test....now I sent my application throught and got a date in Dublin for 2 months times....doe to hols I couldnt accept it so went to Cavan and asked there......got date for 2 weeks times and passed on first time :D

now my girlfriend tried abotu 6-9 months later for a test and again within 2 months got her test, she failed because a traffic light was out and she didnt do the right thing which I though was BS.....anyway applied again and again she got in 2 months....done test and passed......

Now everyone I have talked to have got test within 2 months and if it was longer just applied in Navan or somewhere just outside the city and got there test in no time.....shouldnt be a problem gettign to Navan/whereever because they are already driving......

Anyway I know a bloke who is on his first prov license....never drove in his life till he got his car abotu 6 months ago....done 2 lessons and has been driving around since by himself....doesnt use M50 alright but ever other road.....now thats the problem in this country....someone buys a car.....has never drove before....get a prov license and goes off no bother driving around but hasnt a clue of the rules on the road, how to use indicators, how to actually drive as a railing found out one day along the road!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Also re Rain......

I've lost count of the amount of (simpleton!) drivers who refuse to turn on their dipped headlights when it's raining ! :mad:

As I often say - "It cost's nothing, and could save your (or somebody elses!) life !"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Big Nelly wrote:
    .....now thats the problem in this country....someone buys a car.....has never drove before....get a prov license and goes off no bother driving around but hasnt a clue of the rules on the road, how to use indicators, how to actually drive as a railing found out one day along the road!!! :rolleyes:

I agree !

Case in point, I was recently asked by a girl to turn her car for her because she had only bought it that day and she and her two friends had decided to go for a long drive ?!!

I thought to myself as I turned the car around "WTF is she doin on the road with so little experience?!" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Big nelly why don't you just save up for ages and buy a wee helicoptor....there'd one less on the roads then!!! why not get a super moped!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

stag39 wrote:
    Big nelly why don't you just save up for ages and buy a wee helicoptor....there'd one less on the roads then!!! why not get a super moped!!!! :)

No heli pad at the office :D

Advertisement